“Fabulous food & atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boston
“Fabulous food & atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

This little gem on the bridge served the best food I had in England, causing me to return for a 2nd night, when I was greeted like an old friend with a complimentary Kir Royale. I can't be effusive enough about the Coq au Vin! The aspargus & goat cheese salad was also excellent, & the Boeuf Bourgignon was delicious comfort food, though a tiny bit too salty for my taste. The jazz trio from Bristol plays standards w/ a French swing two nights a week.
I loved the warm attention by the staff & owner while I was traveling solo. Unlike other reviewers, I had no problem being seated without having made a reservation, but I was on Continental time, so I didn't arrive until 8:30-9:00pm, so perhaps it is more crowded earlier in the evening.
Please be sure to dine at No. 5 Bistro while you're in Bath - you will be delighted with your evening and will wonder why there isn't a line out the door at this charming bistro.

Visited June 2014

Bath
“Excellent little bistro - book in advance!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a lovely little bistro, cooking authentic French classics. Great value, good food and pleasant service - happy to make a small change for me. Worth making a reservation as I have tried a few times in the spur of the moment and it was fully booked.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Northampton, United Kingdom
“What a find!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you are in Bath and enjoy Classic French food with a true bistro atmosphere look no further!! From the warm welcome to the classic French dishes this place is a class act. Go and try it you will not be dissapointed.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“No Complaints”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The best decision we made was to book in advance. On arrival we were expected and were delighted to be escorted to the window table. My wife and I enjoyed a 3 course experience that did not disappoint. I always opt for soup and was pleasantly surprised. My wife chose venison for her main and was overwhelmed by the generous and well sliced strips. Usually dry, the venison had maintained its texture and was beautifully presented. Our choice of Savaignon Blanc complimented all 3 courses. The staff were well presented and very courteous. The restaurant is well worth a visit if in Bath as you will not be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fully satisfied”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I cannot disagree more with the last review.

I have been a regular customer of No. 5 Bistro over the last 2 years,
and have not once left feeling dissatisfied.
I have always found the food to be of quality, an excellent choice of wine,
the service to be prompt and friendly,
+ above all I have always enjoyed the charming ambiance.

The last review was 'blatantly' malicious - ulterior motives at work there I'm afraid
I don't usually submit reviews on restaurants, because as a general rule if I don't like them
I just leave it as it is and never go back.

I was last in the restaurant just 2 days ago. I had king prawns, and my main course was pork belly.
It was very well cooked, and tasted delicious as usual !
I promise to write another review the next time I go in there.
In the meantime I highly recommend this fine restaurant.

• Visited June 2014