“Fantastic food” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kilted Chef - CLOSED

The Kilted Chef
7A Kingsmead Square, Bath BA1 2AB, England (Formerly Kilted Chef)
+44 1225 466688
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Kilted Chef is an independent restaurant in the centre of Bath, serving contemporary British food with a Scottish twist. Our warm and ambient dining facilities provide the perfect venue for a relaxed lunch or memorable dinner in the heart of Bath. All our dishes use only the finest ingredients whilst reflecting the varying seasons. Our set lunches and pre-theatre dishes offer particularly good value for money and we have received many favourable reviews of our A La Carte and bespoke taster menus which can be prepared on request.
Birmingham
“Fantastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I can easily say that I had one the very best meals I have ever experienced on a recent visit to this restaurant.

We visited on a Saturday evening and with such tempting dishes in the a la carte and vegetarian menus we found it difficult to make our selection. My friend, who is a vegetarian, often has limited choice but there was plenty of possibilities which makes a pleasant change.

The food that we eventually selected was of the very highest quality and faultless. All three courses were extremely tasty and very well presented. We could not fault a single thing!! The friendly and efficient service also enhanced the experience.

Without doubt this is now my favourite restaurant in this area and I will be a regular. Unfortunately, I do not live in this area so I cannot visit as often as I would like!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KiltedChefBath, Manager at The Kilted Chef, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Many thanks pnireland for your extremely positive review. We are very pleased you found your visit to us enjoyable, though a shame you don't live nearer to frequent us. Hopefully when you return to Bath you will remember us for your dining requirements. Best Regards, Sue Chalmers, Front of House Manager, Kilted Chef

Bath, United Kingdom
“Excellent for pre-theatre dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We had dinner in the Kilted Chef before going to the theatre. The welcome by the staff was very friendly and we were immediately seated at our table, there was the the offer of pre-theatre menu or the A La Carte menu. The quality and presentation of each course was excellent we all courses cooked to perfection. The waitress was a little nervous whilst serving us but perhaps that was because she lacked experience. Do give this restaurant a try I am sure you will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you 58Caroline for your great review, and if you visited this weekend just gone, then apologies if the waitress was nervous, I was unfortunately away, and newish staff members on. Now I am back I will bring them on, and hopefully on your next visit will be more confident. Best Regards, Sue Chalmers, Front of House Manager, Kilted Chef
Peak District National Park, United Kingdom
“Great food at bargain prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were attracted here by the pre-theatre menu, £18.95 for 3 courses or £15.95 for 2 courses. This suited us as we wished to dine early and we were not disappointed by our choice of restaurant.
Breads, oil & vinegar followed by a choice of 3 starters - tomato & red pepper soup or smoked salmon & crab risotto were the popular choices for starter followed by a choice of 4 mains including pork medallions, quail & sole. Meringue with butterscotch fruits was the popular dessert, followed by coffee & chocolates.
Excellent service, nice surroundings and reasonable wines completed the picture.
The only disappointment - we never caught a glance of the Kilted Chef!

Visited May 2013
Thanks Martin C for your really positive review, we are glad you found your meal with us enjoyable, and yes, the Kilted Chef can be a shy creature...!!...but maybe next time you will get a glimpse..?!?! Best Regards, Sue Chalmers, Front of House Manager, Kilted Chef
Bath, United Kingdom
“How to do it right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I recently wrote a review on another "high-quality" restaurant in Bath, that in my view had spectacularly lost the plot when it comes to the customer, and was staring deeply into its own navel as far as the chef's creations were concerned!
Well, here's a place that knows how to treat you properly! This was our second visit toThe Kilted Chef, having been most impressed the first time.
It was equally satisfying this time. The food is excellent. Inventive, beautifully cooked and presented, and with the occasional nod to the chef's caledonian roots.
The service is welcoming in that genuine chatty way that makes you feel they are genuinely pleased to see you, and not just going through the motions. They also managed to squeeze us in on a night they were ostensibly full, and we'd left it right till the last minute.
This was partly because it was my partner's birthday, and she was presented not just with a complimentary glass of bubbly, but also a little box of their hand-made chocolates to take home.
Again, the way these were offered seemed with real warmth, in contrast to the false 'get 'em back again' veneer some places offer.
We had our girls with us (16 and 9), and they were also made to feel very welcome - the youngest being treated as very grown-up.
The whole experience is such a contrast to "the other place" (not to hard to find if you look at my other review).
Can't recommend it enough.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you PeBenson for your very thorough and positive review, it was a pleasure to see you, your wife & children again in our restaurant, and delighted that your second visit was just as, if not even more enjoyable than your first. We do indeed treat each and every customer with genuine respect and interest, hence we now have a loyal list of returning customers, such as yourself, and will always go out of our way to make sure you have the best dining experience in Bath. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon, Best Regards, Sue Chalmers, Front of House Manager, Kilted Chef
Bath
“Fantastic meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I ate here a while back with some of my friends that are fine dining chefs for Sunday lunch. In fact, one of the chefs worked there when it was Moody Goose. I thought that the food was absolutely amazing, and we had a really enjoyable dining experience. All members of the party were impressed and I've recommended this place to several other people. We will all be back again I am sure!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much YamenBon for your very positive review of your experience with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed it so much and to recommend to other people. Hopefully you too will be back again soon, maybe to sample our new a la Carte menu launching soon. Best Regards, Sue Chalmers, Front of House Manager, Kilted Chef