“Amazing view” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We walked from the town centre up to the Hare and Hound- pheww its a climb but so worth it!
The view is incredible and we decided to stay and have lunch.
Service and food was wonderful no complaints at all.

Visited April 2014
Philip H, Manager at The Hare and Hounds, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Joanne S,

Thank for your kind review following your visit to our pub. It's great to read how much you enjoyed having a meal with us; it certainly is a great way to recover if you've trekked all the way up that hill!

We hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards

Philip
The Hare & Hounds

Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely lunch and the view - wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Came upon this delightful pub/restaurant by chance. We had a delicious lunch in the sunny conservatory served by charming staff. Best chips ever and tasty pie for our hard to please New York gourmet friend (his description!) and lush, huge crab sandwiches for us Brits. We would have had the full monty, but had a supper date too. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely Roast, fab vegetables!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

I came here a year ago and was a little underwhelmed by the food but am pleased to say on this occasion I was very impressed with my Roast dinner! I'm not a big fan of roasts, I find them a little boring and when I came last time I wasn't that impressed with the small amount of slightly bland veg I got. This time however the vegetables were lovely. There was roasted squash and beetroot in amongst the cabbage, parsnips and obligatory roast potatoes. On top of that the beef was delicious and so was the Yorkshire pudding.The rest of my group had pork and Chicken and they were equally as impressed. For dessert I had Pecan Pie and ice cream (yum!) would have been nicer if it was warm but all the same it was nice.

I was a little disappointed as we'd specified a window seat overlooking the nice view in our online reservation but again we were stuck by the front door (pretty much the worst seats in the house!) also I asked the waitress 3 times for a diet coke. (twice when I ordered and again when I was bought over a fat coke by mistake) so the staff could do with listening a little better.

Apart from that everything was lovely, there was a nice atmosphere, staff were polite and outside the views are stunning (and from the window seats we weren't lucky enough to occupy) so will definitely be back!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Great food for man - & beast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Had fabulous Sunday lunch at this lovely pub with an amazing view from the two balconies outside. The roast beef was first class and the staff friendly and attentive. I was particularly impressed by the welcome that dogs received here as - although 'dogless' on this occasion - I know how difficult it is to find somewhere that will allow our canine friends. The same owners have two other pub/restaurants in Bath and I will definitely be visiting them soon.
Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great transformation, really lovely place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

A few years back we called in here on a Sunday evening for a meal, had a drink, and promptly decided to try elsewhere! It WAS dingy, empty, and had the most random hot buffet which seemed to be the only option, needless to say, we didn’t give it a second thought and had not gone back since.

I heard that it had been refurbished, and a friend visited recently and recommended it. We first went early on a Wednesday evening and were lucky to get a table as it was full, so booking is advisable. The refurb is great, nice décor, nice atmosphere, the terrace has been extended and the view over the valley is spectacular. We’d only gone for a bar snack the first time rather than dinner and both had beef burgers – they were absolutely delicious, really good quality and nicely presented. On our second visit we both went for a steak, which was perfectly cooked and melt-in-the-mouth, AMAZING. It was a warm evening and the view from the garden is beautiful. It’s on the pricey side, but is well worth the money and did not disappoint. Will definitely return.

• Visited June 2013