“Delightful!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and i visited Bath for an overnight stay to see opening night of an Agatha Christie play. In keeping with the style of our visit we wanted to have traditional tea and scones so I did a bit of research to find the perfect place. I'm a bit of a vintage 1930/40's fan so when I stumbled across this place online I got a little excited! We intended to go for afternoon tea before the play but when we arrived at 5:15pm they had unfortunately closed early (normal closing time is 6pm mid week) Disappointing as this was we decided to go the next morning before heading home and It was worth the wait!

From the moment you walk in it feels like you've gone back in time. The music, the decor, the china, the waitress were all plucked straight from past! Everything was beautifully presented and the service was excellent. We had cream tea and the strawberry jam was delicious! Also the best tea I've had in a long time. It was a nice touch that they put a little egg timer on the table so you know when the tea has finished brewing. We each had a small pot for our tea which gave out 3 cups each and the waitress even came up and offered to refill the pots with hot water so we stayed and had a couple more cups!

Reasonably priced at £13.90 for two cream teas. Definitely worth a visit! We wish we lived closer so we could stop by more often!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Bygone British Afternoon Tea Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Retro tea rooms reminiscent of Dad's Army set but with real food. Crockery and table linen matching the theme.
Hand embroidered cloth reminded me powerfully of afternoon tea at my grandmother's. We had tea and cake - waitress was really sweet and choose particular pretty crockery for us and had knowledge advice about quirky teapot. Both tea and cake excellent.
It's a small space so at busy times - you may have to wait - but it will be worth it. Perfect for relaxing after visiting the Fashion Museum and the Assembly Rooms.

Cornwall
“Beas Teas on a Saturday afternoon......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Once again in Bath and this time with my daughter and her boyfriend. Having raved about Beas to them we made a bee line straight up the hill to this glorious tea room and it did not disappoint.

We had Earl Grey, peppermint tea and a chocolate and strawberry cake that was the most delicious cake I have ever tasted.

The young ladies are all so pretty and so polite, the tea piping hot and everything was, as usual, fabulous.

Beas Tea Room has yet another two converts to how tea should be made and presented and they will certainly be taking their friends to visit.

Thank you once again for such a wonderful old fashioned afternoon tea experience.

• Visited February 2013
Cardiff
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Service - excellent. The waitress was lovely and accommodating. Cake - excellent. Tea - excellent. The place itself is very attractive and transported me back in time! Would recommend.

Plantsville, CT
“So glad we found Bea's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My partner came across Bea's while on a walk around the neighborhood where we're staying. He found it so charming he came home to take me out to tea and we both enjoyed ourselves, and our food, greatly. I had the full afternoon tea (wish I had remembered the precise name, but it was "the whole works"--finger sandwiches, scone with cream and jam and two slices of cake)--it was fabulous all freshly made and delicious; he had the excellent Ploughman's Lunch. The servers were welcoming and lovely, Bea herself greeted and chatted with us and each of the other customers, there were books about Bath's history on hand and the setting and decor are outstanding. We enjoyed ourselves tremendously and felt we had a special experience and a step back in time, all at a bargain price for the quality and quantity of food. Not a cookie-cutter tea place--no formality and pinkies-up--just incredible attention to detail and warmth from all involved. A friend is visiting tomorrow and I can't wait to take her to Bea's!