Stayed here for a two night break. Found the staff to be friendly and helpful, with check in done quickly and efficiently. Whenever we subsequently spoke to front desk staff, we found them to be helpful and friendly.
The room itself was fine for what we needed. But most importantly it was clean. Found that the heating occasionally threw out a coldish blast of air even when set to the highest temperature. Other times it would mysteriously turn itself off. Not too big an issue as we just had to switch it back on.
The location means that it is a 10 minute walk to the centre, but not too onerous unless you have mobility problems.
Breakfast is more than adequate albeit they don't offer a full English as such for those people that like this menu choice.
It is clearly signposted by the hotel when booking, but potential guests should be aware that parking at the hotel is charged at £6 per night. Given Bath is a major tourist destination I don't think this is too unreasonable compared to hotel parking charges in other cities.
Although feeling that the cost of the room is slightly overvalued in terms of what you get compared to a room in the same chain at another location, you need to bear in mind that this is a major tourist destination and therefore all hotels can probably get away with charging a small premium.
I would happily book this again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Bath Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Bath Hotel Bath
- Bath Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Bath
- Bath Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the popular Holiday Inn Express Bath hotel and explore Bath's historic city centre on foot. Holiday Inn Express Bath's modern interior contrasts with its warm, honey-coloured Bath stone exterior. We're a short stroll from the historic city centre, where you can take your time with a relaxing session at Thermae Bath Spa. We are also close to Bath Spa train station for regular trains to London Paddington and Bristol Airport is a 40-minute drive. We're 10 minutes' drive from meetings at Bath's 3 Ministry of Defence offices and the University of Bath campus. Bath Spa University is only 5 minutes from Holiday Inn Express Bath by car. Avoid the traffic when visiting Helphire Group PLC and Amdocs, minutes away on Lower Bristol Road. The convenient Holiday Inn Express Bath is a 10-minute walk to the elegant Pump Room at the Roman Baths and the Grade I-listed Royal Crescent. Learn how the city inspired one of England's favorite writers at nearby Jane Austen Centre. Kids love mini-safaris at Longleat's rambling estate, a 30-minute drive away. Wake up to sausages, baked beans, scrambled eggs and more as part of the free breakfast buffet and watch Bath come to life from the windows of the airy Great Room. Our friendly Front Desk team will give you information on day trips to Glastonbury and Stonehenge. 60 onsite parking spaces are available at a charge and allocated on a first come first served basis. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book direct with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, Otel, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Bath reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.