“Another great stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Bath

You added Holiday Inn Express Bath to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Bath
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lower Bristol Road / Brougham Hayes, Bath BA2 3QU, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #19 of 32 Hotels in Bath
London
“Another great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Every time I am in Bath i always stay here because I know what I'm going to get! The staff are always wonderful and attentive and spotlessly clean. I would highly recommend this hotel! Breakfast is always very popular and although not a full English breakfast they do provide a continental breakfast with additional sausages scrambled eggs and beans which is plenty for me! Well done keep up the great work!

• Stayed November 2012
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We welcome all guest feedback, as this allows us to consistently deliver the best possible service to our guests, and identify areas where we might have fallen short.

I am glad to hear you have had another enjoyable stay at our hotel. It’s lovely to be able to welcome back guests, and I will pass on your fantastic comments about our team.

As you mentioned, our complimentary continental breakfast with hot options is incredibly popular with our guests, and therefore is one of our main focuses. I am glad to see you were able to take full advantage of this to start your day.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to post this review. We hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

This is a pretty typical Holiday Inn so far as I can tell, so you know what to expect. Decent, clean, well-appointed rooms with tv and ensuite, and a relatively welcoming lobby area with a bar. On the down side, there is a charge for wifi in the rooms, the breakfast is pretty poor quality, and the walls and doors are really quite thin which can affect your sleep quality if you're a light sleeper.

The hotel is a short walk - around 10-15 minutes from the centre of the city.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on the Holiday Inn Express Bath, we value all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best possible services to our guests.

I am pleased to hear we met your expectations of our brand, having clean well-appointed rooms with newly installed 32” TV’s and en-suite facilities.

Please accept my apologies that our WIFI charges in the bedrooms is a down side, we do offer complimentary WIFI for 6 hours per day, which is located within our Great room. I have noted your comments with regards to our breakfast; we are continuously monitoring this area and making the necessary adjustments.

Once again thank you for your review, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The room was clean and spacious and the hotel was a nice easy walk into town. The breakfast was hmmm well not one of my favourites and very busy. The eggs were all runny and hardly cooked, I don't mind my eggs a little runny but the ones I saw just looked like a thick pool of nastiness. I stuck to toast myself.

For a Holiday Inn I guess you know what to expect, although it is in a good location and rooms are fine and comfortable.
Down side is you have to pay for parking each day which is annoying

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting this review on the Holiday Inn Express Bath, we value all feedback to ensure we are delivering the best possible services to our guests.

I am pleased to hear you found our hotel clean and rooms spacious. Our housekeeping team always try their utmost to keep our excellent cleanliness levels.

Please accept my apologies that our complimentary express start breakfast did not meet your expectations. I can assure you our scrambled eggs are tested to ensure they are fully cooked before serving, in order to comply with food safety regulations.

Thank you again for your comments; I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night and it was what we needed. A clean room with a comfortable bed and shower room. Breakfast was very good. The hotel is the typical Holiday Inn and you know what to expect. On the other hand the service at reception could be highly improved and in particular by receptionist Li** who was aggressive and abrupt with no reason (unless she was in a bad mood but that should not have any influence on guests!). The other ladies were lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review, we appreciate you taking the time out to post your comments.

I am pleased to hear we were what you were looking for, a clean and comfortable room with a complimentary express start breakfast to start your day ahead.

Please accept my apologies that you found a member of staff to be abrupt. I can assure you this is not normal practice at the Holiday Inn Express Bath. As you can read from past reviews our customer service levels are of an excellent standard, so I will be looking into this matter and taking the necessary actions to ensure this does not happen again.

Once again thank you for your comments; I hope we are able to welcome you back in the future.

west sussex uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

we have just stayed for a 3 night break and this is my feedback ! on the plus side the staff are lovely, so friendly and helpful, our first night was disturbed by some kind of noise (maybe a generator, we were on the top floor, don`t know, it was unrelenting though!) and the next morning we were moved without fuss or bother to another floor and room. The room was fairly basic, but clean and with the usual TV, tea, coffee, Kettle etc. The towels were rather small, in fact when I called down to reception to say we had only been left hand towels, they had obviously heard it before as I was instantly told they were in fact the largest towels they had! so hey ho ! it is a short walk into Bath centre so didnt need to fork out for taxis or buses. Hmm on the minus side..the charge for using THEIR OWN car park was harsh and we felt quite cross about it as it wasn`t that cheap to stay in the first place, the beds were unforgiving and the pillows most uncomfortable (even though you get the choice of soft or medium) Most disappointing though was the breakfast....Horrid ! it certainly was basic, so we didnt bother after the first morning. So to sum up, it was ok for just the 3 nights, but would find somewhere further out maybe for a longer visit which could be cheaper but just mean a little bus ride in !

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are away from the main road so quieter, but we found the top floor had a loud cons...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear gingernut8,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Bath and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. I am pleased you found our staff to be lovely, helpful and friendly. We work very hard to ensure our services are superior. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We were disappointed to read that when you visited the restaurant you did not find it to your tastes, we will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced.

We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for again for your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenville, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We found that not only was Bath a pleasant surprise but this Holiday Inn Express was perfect for a couple of tired travelers. We arrived early in bad weather but our room was available, nothing fancy but spotlessly clean. Staff was obliging and helpful when one of us was sick. Breakfast buffet was excellent for this class of hotel, amenities above average and we got a late check-out as Priority Club members with no problem. It's not in the historic area but a cab ride to the baths and abbey was about five pounds.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review, we appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express Bath.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that we were able to assist with an earlier check in. I will pass on your kind comment with regards to our spotlessly clean rooms, our housekeeping staff will be thrilled.

It also pleases us that you found our complimentary express start breakfast excellent; we do try to meet all our guests’ needs and expectations.

Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

No frills hotel located within easy walking distance of city centre. Clean and well appointed room. Breakfast buffet area somewhat crowded at times. Reception staff polite and very helpfull with regards general advice on city centre attractions and taxi booking.

Rather annoying having to pay daily fee for parking in hotel car park.

Room Tip: Rooms at rear overlook graveyard, so no noisy passers by!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
BathDeputyManager, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Bath, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly, thank you for writing this review on Trip Advisor; we value all feedback from our guests.

I am pleased to hear you found our hotel to be of an ideal location when visiting the city centre, as you have mentioned we are a short walk or 2 minutes in a taxi. It is always nice to read when our housekeeping department receive recognition for their hard work, I will pass on your comments and ensure they read your review.

Deputy General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Bath? Share your experiences!