“Enjoy the English country with your very own bird of prey” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 70 Attractions in Bath
More attraction details
Owner description: Falconry Experiences are by appointment only as we are not open to the public. Please book your experience in advance. Visit our website or phone us for more information. Thank you.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
“Enjoy the English country with your very own bird of prey”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

A truly unique experience. Jay, the owner, Charlie the Harris hawk and I took a delightful walk in the woods. Jay would release Charlie and off he would go. As soon as he saw me put my hand in the goody bag, Charlie would swoop down and land on my hand to get his treat. What a magnificent creature. So regal. It was hard to believe that we were so close to Bath. It seemed like nothing has changed in 500 years. It is very apparent that Jay gets to do what he loves everyday. And so does Charlie. I would recommend this to any animal lover

Visited November 2013

Chippenham, United Kingdom
“What a Beautiful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was a birthday present for my Fiance, but we both absolutely loved it. To be able to fly, Mogwai, the Bay Tailed /Harris Hawk in these beautiful surroundings was just magical. The whole experience was so personal and non-commercial too. I know what my friends are getting for Christmas!

Bristol
3 attraction reviews
“A fantastic experience in beautiful surroundings.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This was a birthday gift for my niece but I feel like this was an experience none of us will forget. The hawks are beautiful and to see them take flight, and land on your arm, was truly spectacular. They were very tame and happy for you to stroke them as you held them. The surroundings are gorgeous. It's roughly a ten minute walk to the field, and sturdy walking boots/shoes are recommended as the terrain (through woodland) can be quite uneven in places and can be a little slippery if there has been rain recently. The area is stunning and very peaceful.

For the experience itself, everyone in the party spreads out and then you take turns holding out food for the hawk to fly on. You are given clear instructions on how to stand and what to do, but it's very basic and easy to do. The hawk will fly up into the trees and then back down again, to land on your hand.

Jay was very informative and happy to answer any questions, and it was easy to tell that this is his passion and he has a real connection with the birds. They really trust him and seemed very happy and well looked after. Besides the hawks he has some gorgeous owls, one of which is hilariously grumpy looking and scowls at everybody!

Jay was more than happy to take photos and had a keen eye with the camera, so some great action shots were taken.

We were also given the option of holding the hawk all the way back to the cottage - that was a very cool experience for my niece! Jay was always ready with advice and that put everyone right at ease with trying this new experience.

I recommend wearing long sleeves because sometimes the hawk will take a little walk up your arm!

Loved this. It was an experience I definitely recommend.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Charlie the Harris's Hawk was a wonderful character. Jay and Jake were great too! The hawk flies to the trees around a large clearing then swoops down onto your gloved hand to take pieces of chick.

Visited October 2013
“An excellent Christmas present one I will never forget.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

A relaxed, informative close up encounter with many birds of prey. Being able to see their Eagle Owl, Barn owl and other birds of prey was a great to start our hawk walk. After a short walk through the woods we arrived at the display area, once the safety briefing was complete we were able to fly Mogwai the Harris hawk for about 45 minutes. Throughly enjoyed the experience and found the staff to be very knowledgable and obviously cared greatly for their birds. Would recommend this to anyone.