“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 459 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Situated just a few steps away from the Roman Baths, our attractive and atmospheric restaurant is located in a charming candle lit historical cellar of natural Bath stone with vaulted ceilings throughout, and resembles the cavernous cellars of an Italian grotto.The main characteristic of our cuisine is its simplicity. We rely on the quality of our ingredients rather than on elaborate preparation.We also like to offer traditional Italian dishes with a contemporary twist because we strongly believe in those 'Sapori' (flavours).With our finest ingredients coming from Italy, and all of our fresh vegetables, seafood and meats sourced locally, we are able to ensure high quality dining that will exceed your expectations.We invite you to have a fun and relaxed dining experience with us.Service hours are as follows:Lunch hours: 12:00-14:30. Last order at 14:00Dinner service: 17:00-22:30. Last order at 22:00
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Had a fantastic time with lovely food and great waiters today for my birthday meal.
From the time we were greeted to the time we left the whole experience of good food well attentitive staff it was simply brilliant - so a big thank you to everyone at the restaurant.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
edinburgh
“Wonderful dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My daughter and I dined here this evening as part of our weekend in Bath. It was 5 star all the way. The welcome was warm and personal. The service was attentive but not intrusive. The food was delicious . My daughter had prawns on bruschetta which was divine, perfectly flavoured. I had calamari which was fresh and perfectly cooked. Our pasta was delicious and very flavoursome .
The ambiance was delightful. An all round excellent meal. Thank you.

Woking, United Kingdom
“Sensational surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

As a regular visitor to Bath from my home in Surrey I have been given numerous recommendations to try this delightful restaurant located under the bustling streets of Bath. Having booked three weeks ago, I today had a chance to see first hand what the fuss was all about. Sotto Sotto is an absolute delight - excellent ambience, a warm & welcoming greeting, impeccable service and cuisine that is amongst the best you will fine anywhere in Europe if not the World. The food is cooked to perfection and has clearly defined complementary flavours that are not overpowering and in themselves create a superb culinary experience that is true value for money. Sotto Sotto is a joy to experience and well worth the commute from Surrey. My compliments to Antonio and his colleagues for creating a restaurant that clearly differentiates itself and puts the chain restaurants of big name TV chefs into the shade!

Truro, United Kingdom
“The perfect way to end a wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

My sister, daughter and I were looking for a special way to end a wonderful wintry February weekend in Bath and phoned Sotto Sotto to see if they had a table available (encouraged by tripadvisor feedback and the experience of my daughters friends). Just over an hour later, we were warmly welcomed by handsome and attentive Matire'D, our coats taken and we were shown to our tables.
The service was impeccable, Waiters attentive, amusing and flirtatious enough to make 3 women giggle and appreciate themselves. Our table was cleaned between courses by a waiter with one of those table cleaner things, the water in our glasses topped up regularly.

The venue and decor gave an intimacy to our meal, even though the restaurant was busy, we felt like we were the only people there. The background music was subtle enough that it did not interfere with conversation.

The food was outstanding, the only thing that induced a silence the whole weekend, except for the "mmms" and "oh this is delicious". We all had something different for starter and main so that we could (grudgingly) share, although I was very possessive of my Osso Bucco with saffron risotto.
At the end of the meal we were presented with Lemoncello digestives, I quietly told the waiter "no thanks, I don't drink", 2 minutes later a not alcoholic digestive was placed in front of me, with no ceremony at all. This in itself would encourage me to give this restaurant 5 stars.

Upon leaving, the Matire'D, stalled us for a chat, finding out a little bit more about us.
A perfect night, perfect food, amazing attention to detail. I can't wait to go back to Bath and eat here again.

• Visited February 2013
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
“Truly Italian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Sotto Sotto is undoubtedly one of the best restaurants in Bath. It would be difficult to exaggerate the quality of the environment, service, food and overall hospitality. Book in advance!