“Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 459 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Menu Gordon Jones is all about amazing food, with an element of surprise. All Chef's menus are seasonal, locally sourced and offer real value for money. To really tickle your taste buds try our dishes, all served by our friendly staff in a funky setting.
Guernsey
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

A really interesting and enjoyable experience, not one to go on spec as understandably the number of covers are limited so booking is needed. Also you need to pre-advise any allergies as Chef Gordon has to be able to plan the courses and you don't get to choose your own.

Visited March 2014

Bath
“Probably the best Bath has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We had the lunch time menu with friends. The food was exquisite. The service very appropriate. Great time had by all. Need to book well in advance.

Visited May 2014
Bath
“Absolutely lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Went for lunch a few days ago and loved every minute, from the beautiful water (!) to the unpretentious surroundings and waiters (and Gordon). Its particularly good to be able to have a pescatarian taster menu. Other places we've had this type of menu I've had to have the veggie version and swap fish courses from my husbands. I haven't even mentioned the food yet! It was interesting and scrummy (I don't even like houmous wow).
Definitely the best place in Bath I've eaten at, knocks spots off The Priory. Was so refreshing to go somewhere and not be disappointed. Think I might go back!!

Whittier, California
“Gastronomical Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

My husband and I had the pleasure of dining at Menu Gordon Jones. Jones is a talented and creative chef full of surprises. No menu until you arrive so come ready to experience a fun and filling night of good food and wine. The restaurant is small so make reservations. Jones comes around to meet all his guest and his staff is very engaging.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed and intimate with posh food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

As we could not get a table for a weekend dinner for my bf's 50th, we opted for Saturday lunch, and I think that was a smart move as still had half the day left after an amazing meal.

From the first moment the service was friendly, professional and we felt like we were the only customers in the place, even though all 18 covers were taken.

As there are no menus and no options, you can just concentrate on each other company and the taste explosions that are brought to you with decent, but not too long intervals.

The wine menu is not cheap, but well worth it for special occasion, as you get to taste some amazing small growers wines that each match that part of the menu.

One of our highlights must have been the 'bread' which was served with snails in batter, test tubes of creatively flavoured oils and a hummus mousse.

I had a little complaint over the meat main, but as this was handled so carefully and politely, I really don't need to get into it.

The sommelier was amazing, the food to die for, and we really felt like we got value for every penny spent.

Do book months in advance, do not go with a big party as too much conversation can ruin your attention the food deserves.

• Visited June 2014