“Great food, very welcoming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #177 of 458 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: English, Indian, Fish & Chips, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Devonshire Arms is a traditional pub serving good quality pub food sourced from local suppliers. We have a fantastic lounge bar which can be reserved for that special function including parties weddings business meetings and wakes. Our public bar has a wide range of activities including pool table and skittle alley. We have an outside eating and drinking area and also host many events including live music, quiz nights special b-b-q's etc. if you would like to know more please contact us and talk to Nicky or Mike
“Great food, very welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Recommended by the B&B where we stayed just down the road. A nice atmosphere, still retained the feel of a local pub (so many places doing food seem to forget about everything else). Service was friendly and quick, and the steak I had was the best for a long while. Decent beer too...

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Good honest pub, good service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012 via mobile

Ate here two nights running. The menu was as you would expect for a pub, nothing special. All the food I ordered was good and prompt. Cumstomer service was good, staff helpful, cheerful and efficient. Would go again when in the area!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Food and Excellent Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We went for Mothers Day Lunch which was three courses for 14.95. We were emailed the menu in advance and asked to choose. There were four choices on each course which were all very tempting, I had a crab and sweet shrimp cocktail to start and hubby had vegetable and seafood tempura. Both dishes were excellent and there was plenty. The tempura was very light and not greasy.

We both went for the traditional roast chicken with all the trimmings which was superb with a lovely boat of gravy, plenty of veg and all the extras you would expect.

Dessert was the only slight let down. Hubby had a wonderful bread and butter pudding with whiskey and marmarlade and I had a lemon tart. Unfortunately it was still a littl frozen - but still lovely!

All in all a great meal, with lovely friendly service. I would reccommend and will be returning.

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
“The best rump steaks ever?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

I visited at 6.45 on a saturday night so the pub was quiet. Atmosphere friendly with staff informal, polite and attentive. Typical pub menu wth nothing fancy so I ordered a pint of the local bitter - well kept but not exceptional - whilst i waited for my rump steaks to arrive and pondered whether I should have orderd the witlshire gammon and eggs instead. I needn't have worried. Whern it came the steak was exceptional. Simply presented with chips, grilled tomato and rocket salad on the side and a small portion of delicious mushshrooms on top of what prroved to be the tastiest and tenderest rumps teak I've ever eaten (I'm 50). In places as tender as fillet, far tastier than sirloin and cooked as I ordered. Where they source their beef I don't know, but wish I did. One note of caution - I'm not a big fan of chargrilling but this was chargrilled. I felt it complimented the flavour of the steak perfectly, but if you can't stand chargrilling - then stear clear.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampshire UK
“Perfect for relaxation after a busy day in Bath”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

We stayed in the B&B next door. Popped in for a drink after arriving from Street & outlet shopping, and had a warm welcome, a good selection of wine by the glass, and snuggled down on the leather suite. We booked for a meal later as some of the tables were already reserved (Thursday night). great service we had a good three course meal of stuffed mushrooms; steak & chips; and the Chocolate Brownie (recipie passed down through the family).
We had a great evening and it definately enhanced our stay in Bath.

• Visited December 2011