“An amazing find” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Crowthorne, United Kingdom
“An amazing find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

There we were wondering the alleys of Bath looking for something other than the quaint tea shops or the coffee chains & saw a sign for this place. Took a while to realise what door to go in and then up the stairs. Very friendly lovely sandwiches and great variety of teas. What a find, a gem.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newbury, United Kingdom
“Lunch Today”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We had lunch here today while in Bath to watch our son play Rugby. I had the chicken ceaser salad which was delicious and my husband had a lovely cream tea. The range of food on the menu was great, with organic food and gluten free food and soya milk options. The cakes looked amazing too! I would recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Australia
“Interesting food and venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

The cafe was full when we arrived and, after looking at the menu, we thought it worth waiting. I am glad that we did. We chose from the salads and were very pleased with the quality, taste and quantity.

Although we did not have cakes, they looked most appealing. Our very pleasant coffees came with a small biscuit which is always a nice touch.

If I were a resident of Bath, I imagine that this is a lunch venue which would quickly become one of my favourites.

• Visited July 2012
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I wasn't expecting much from this cafe in a backstreet of Bath, having been recommended it by a friend, but was pleasantly surprised at the food even if the service was a tad slow! Then again the restaurant was packed out, so much so that some people had to wait a considerable amount of time to be seated, and we didn't have much time! (my friend didn't; I was a little more flexible)

I wasn't paying for the food so can't comment on the value too much, however the prices seemed to be reasonable given that Bath is a tourist trap

I would come back here again but would also explore other cafes in Bath since I don't know the city too well,

Parking is not easy in Bath. The main car park is the Podium, which isn't too badly priced, obviously it becomes cheaper per hour the longer you stay. Also the cafe isn't easy to find since it's located above a bric-a-brac shop. Otherwise highly recommended!

• Visited December 2011
Bath, United Kingdom
“Consistently friendly and welcoming.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Absolutely my favourite place to get lunch in Bath. The quaint little shop serves sandwiches, toasties and salads and provides a great selection for someone like myself with specific dietary requirements (vegetarian, lactose and oat intolerant). On the ground floor there are a variety of art, gifts and jewellery for sale; the first floor houses the cafe and the second floor doubles up as a one-room gallery. Perfect for a light lunch.

Visited May 2012