“Amazing food and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mint Room

The Mint Room
Longmead Gospel Hall | Lower Bristol Road, Bath, England (Formerly Bombay Nights)
01225-44-66-56
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 458 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

After reading some reviews on Trip advisor we decided to give this restaurant a go. We had to change the time of our booking but they were so accommodating and it wasn't an issue at all to do this. The decor is lovely and is very intimate and the staff were so welcoming on arrival. The wine menu was quite good and we chose a lovely red to go with the meal. We had rabbit and the sole to start which was presented beautifully and tasted amazing, then my partner had the lamb shank which was cooked to perfection and I had the Red Mullet. Again the presentation was amazing and the taste was gorgeous! We were so stuffed we couldn't manage a pudding but decided on liqueur coffees instead. A special mention has to go to one of our waiters Moe, he was fantastic!! Such an asset to the restaurant, he was so attentive to us and we had a giggle with him, especially when he bought us out a dessert just for us to 'try' at the end of the meal. Even though we were stuffed we still wolfed it down! Thank you Moe and The Mint Room you made a romantic weekend in Bath even better with your fab food and service!

Visited August 2013

Steeple Aston, United Kingdom
“Without doubt the best Indian restaurant ever...... stunning food! You must go, but book first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is, without doubt, the best Indian restaurant I have ever been to. The décor is modern and extremely well done with interesting seating and the tables are refreshingly a little distance away from others.

As soon as we arrived, we were welcomed by the staff who really know how to look after customers. It was clear this was going to be a great evening where the restaurant actually likes having you there..... quite an unusual sensation!

The food was utterly divine - presentation of the starters was faultless. My swordfish starter was one of the most delicious starters I have ever had. Every dish we had was out of this world.

Because we were celebrating with my parents, the chef sent a plate with a lovely dessert on and the words "Happy Anniversary" - such a kind touch and it made it so memorable for us all.

I am now making plans to return to this most superb restaurant. It has even surpassed our previous favourite Indian in Southampton.... and the Mint Room is much closer to home.!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal for our wedding anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I'm writing this nearly 6 months after the meal but having just experienced a really dissapointing meal at The Sultan in Melksham I thought I should give the Mint Room credit for being a polar opposite in terms of food quality and service.

I treated my wife to a surprise wedding anniversary meal without the kids on March 20th 2013 and it was a meal to remember. As many people have said, this is Indian fine dining so don't go if you like the usual mystery-meat in spicy gravy.

I dropped off some flowers earlier in the day for them to bring out with the drinks which went according to plan and set the tone for the evening. To be honest I can't remember what I had only that it was really good, I do remember my wife had an Indian twist on lamb shank which was really nice! Beautifully presented food with just the right portion size.

We had no room for dessert but to our surprise they brought us a free dessert to share with 'Happy Anniversary' piped round the edge of the plate in a fruit coulis, needless to say the friendly waiters got a hefty tip and a promise to return!

My only criticism is location, next to petrol station in run-down part of town with no opportunity for a pre or post dinner drink elsewhere...

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Perth WA
“Wonderful Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We had Dinner at this wonderful restaurant. Fabulous cocktails, delicious Apertisers and the main meals were sumptuous! The service was of a very high standard with friendly and highly efficient staff. Five star!

Visited August 2013
“Best Indian Restaurant Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

On arrival to the restaurant staff were very friendly and attentive. Having not made a reservation they still found us a good table. The decor was beautiful! And the food we ordered was out of this world! Overall we were very impressed and would recommend it to anyone!

• Visited August 2013