“Really nice Italian food! ” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Joya Restaurant offers modern Italian dining in a fanatastic position overlooking the world famous Pulteney Bridge & Weir.Homemade pasta dishes, stonebaked pizzas and chargrilled fish, chicken and steaks.From our homemade Spaghetti Bolognaise to our chargriled extra mature fillet steak with twice cooked fries, join us at Joya.
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Really nice Italian food! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went there during the weekdays with my family. At first, I was shocked that we were only the customer and a bit scared of the food. As soon as we got the food, it was totally amazed us. It was really nice. We ordered sea-bass and brown pizza. We really love the food. Moreover, the price was considered as fairly cheap. Couldn't remember exactly though, but was fairly cheap in comparison to the quality of food and atmosphere. We will definitely come back!

Bath, United Kingdom
“Amazing food, amazing value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I booked a table for 2 for my girlfriends birthday, having only read the reviews on here, looking for the best value I was pleasantly surprised to see Joya take taste cards on a Friday night (very few places do). The food was perfect, I had the rack of lamb as a main, which was cooked as requested, which along with the twice cooked chips was unbelievable. Service was spot on, tended to our every need and checked all our food was ok. Would happily visit again and pay full price, surprisingly a 3 course meal for 2 along with 2 drinks each cost little over £50 with the discount of a taste card. Would strongly recommend.

Visited January 2014
Noosa, Australia
“Pleasant Italian meal in Bath:”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is a nice little restaurant with very friendly service. Enjoyed my meal and others around me seemed to be enjoying too. Although, I really do object to being asked to give a review on TA.
I am reviewing because I had a pleasant experience.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gstaad, Switzerland
“Lovely Italian Meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This restaurant is situated overlooking the famous bridge in Bath. We sat upstairs so we could overllok the river and bridge the dining room was warm and comfortable with a homely feel.
The food was of a very high standard and we especially enjoyed the pasta dishes. The pasta was cooked perfectly and the sauces very flavoursome.

Visited January 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“Very Pleasant Surprise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Four of us tried Joya when it first opened years ago and we had a not so good experience so never went back. I'm a great believer in giving places a second chance after they've found their feet so a friend and I went for dinner this week. We hadn't booked yet got a friendly greeting from the manager and the service throughout by the waiter was very good. The food was better than expected, not great but better than the average Italian in Bath (apart from Sotto Sotto and Carluccios) and they were very accommodating about our requests. The classic bruschetta was at least tasty and our pastas were not overcooked or over sauced. Price wise we thought it was expensive though but this is Bath where they cater so much for the tourists. The decor is dire though as if someone had just added bit by bit. Odd things on the red wall (a hard colour to use unless you have the space to take it) like a blackboard hung on a lampshade and other odd stuff!! The tables and chairs were just awfully dull and reminded me of my grandparents' furniture (and that was long time ago) and in fact the whole atmosphere was dreary and just not relaxing. They obviously had not employed an interior designer to give them a hand. A shame really as it's in a nice location and they could have made it into a modern Italian or a more homey traditional Italian (like Rustico). Instead it's just nothing and it's really this lack of atmosphere which stops us rushing back despite the food and service. And personally, knowing my friends in Bath, I think it would put off a lot of them also.

• Visited January 2014