“Busy, bustling, but the food wasn't great” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #154 of 465 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Quirky, eccentric and playful the Cosy Club offers informal casual dining, drinking and lounging in a homely and family friendly environment.'Think gents club meets village hall meets cricket pavilion.'
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Busy, bustling, but the food wasn't great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

My friend and I had dinner at the Cosy club on a Saturday night. To be fair it was packed, busy with 2 or 3 Hen nights being served at the same time as us. The service was good, friendly and attentive, and given how busy the place was it was quick too.

We had cocktails, which were lovely, and ordered our meals. We shared a vegetarian sharing platter to start which was really nice and tasty. Our mains arrived , one vege risotto and one spicy bean burger. My friend said the risotto was tasty, but the burger was dry, crumbly and not at all appealing.

Given that the place was packed, we actually felt that there was very little atmosphere, and once people started to move on, it was actually a bit flat in there.

We decided the place might be better for large groups of diners, but for us it wasn't what we had wanted, and the food was a disappointment.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Greek first
Nicosia, Cyprus
“A cosy place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

What attracted the most in this resturant was the decoration and the friendly atmoshpere. I visited it recently for coffee and dessert, and a couple of months ago for lunch. I must say I enjoyed better the latest visit. The hot chocolate with the marshmallows and the chocolate brownie were delicious and good value for money. I am looking forward to visit it again in the summer, to sit at the nice veranda viewing the Southgate square.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lovely day and night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Have been to The Cosy Club several times now and there is always a lovely atmosphere there. My friends and I decided to have lunch there last week and the food was delicious!
The Staff have always been very welcoming and give the appearance of being relaxed yet maintaining prompt and efficient service, even when the place is heaving! Quite a skill!
In the evening there is a very cool vibe about the place, I haven't eaten there in the evening yet, but hope to do so soon!
The Cosy Club is on the first floor but is accessible to wheelchair users, people with limited mobility and mums with pushchairs.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice for breakfast/brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place while looking for a coffee shop. Had the Cosy Club eggs and coffee, both of which were excellent and service was speedy and attentive. Cost was £9 for 2 coffees and food which I thought was excellent value. Highly recommended.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I visited the Cosy Club Restaurant and absolutely loved everything about it. Both me and my daughter are vegetarian and very often there are very limited vegetarian options on many menus-other than the usual boring cheese based dishes, vegetable lasagne etc..however I was pleasantly surprised when I looked at the menu, although not a big the menu offers options for both meat eaters and vegetarians and are well thought out and offered dishes a little different from alot of other restaurants. Our meal was delicious, the combinations of flavours really did compliment each other to offer a very tasty and satisfying meal. The prices were reasonable and good value (although the alcoholic drinks were a tad expensive) and the service was good. I will certainly go there again.

• Visited January 2013