“peaceful luxury” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bath, United Kingdom
“peaceful luxury”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were treated to a surprise trip on the beautiful Lady Lena today in celebration of our Golden Wedding. We were greeted with champagne in beautiful lead crystal glasses by our charming hostess Helen as we slid silently (electric power) away from Bathampton towards Dundas Viaduct in this amazing and elegant historic boat, lovingly restored by the owner and our skipper Jenks Knill. Although our thick blankets and hot water bottles were welcome, the sun shone and we could not have wished for a more peaceful and scenic trip.

Visited April 2013

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Our Engagement”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

What a timeless experience and how different from the Razorcat that both dropped us off and collected us! Despite the very cold weather Jenks and Helen made us very comfortable with hot water bottles and blankets. Two wonderfully warm and lovely hosts. Nothing was too much trouble. There was champagne on ice and musicians to serenade us along the journey. Close your eyes and you'll be in Venice. The weather joined in later and provided us with some glorious sunshine and allowed us to sit out under the canopy and enjoy the serenity of an unhurried cruise down the canal. Oh and the cream tea was just perfect. We'll be going back when the weather has warmed up!

Visited March 2013
5 attraction reviews
“Interesting and calming all in two hours.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a lovely trip on this beautiful boat today. It was my father in laws 84th birthday treat but the whole family enjoyed this relaxing excursion . We were well looked after and the highlight of the trip for my father in law was being able to sit up front. He even had his food delivered there. Points of interest were highlighted without being intrusive . The boat was spotless and comfortable. All crockery, cutlery and glasses were available to cater for our needs. There is even a toilet on board. I drank too much champagne to be very quiet but the boat is silent. Soo relaxing and so close to the water.
I would recommend it for a family group such as ours or for a romantic trip for two. Maybe next time.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Fabulous trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I wanted to propose to my partner on this trip. Jenks was brilliant about the whole idea and suggested where I could buy food and order flowers. He gave me telehone numbers and agreed to pick up both items before my trip started. He even suggested about hiring a musician which he organised himself. The day before he had had a cancellation and he contacted me to offer to move my trip forward. He re-organised the pick up of the flowers, food and the musicIan himself.
The day went brilliantly. The boat trip along the canal was fantastic. Everyone on the embankment was hugely jealous of us. I cannot thank Jenks and Helen enough for their hard work.

Visited September 2012
Bath, United Kingdom
“Lady Lena Canal Cruise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I booked this cruise as a surprise for my husbands 40th birthday and we had a fantastic time! Helen and Jenks provided us with a memorable couple of hours on the Kennet and Avon Canal and everyone in our party enjoyed it emmensely-even the youngest member who is 6 years old. We were greeted with a glass of champagne (and sparkling elderflower cordial for the younger members) and were then treated to cream tea with the best scones i have ever tasted! We would definately book again for a special occasion and have already recommended it to our friends!

Visited August 2012