“Handy boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Handy boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Absolutely loved this hotel, very well positioned for visiting the city. Staff were exceptional , the room we had was beautifully decorated and arranged over two floors ( accessed via a spiral staircase by the reception) . Nice bar area for pre dinner drinks and open late for when you get back too! Parking can be reserved at only a short walk away and well worth the extra few quid as Bath parking can be a pain in the backside! Will 100% use this hotel again, enjoyed thoroughly!

Stayed August 2014
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Thank you for your very positive review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found the hotel to your liking. We are very lucky with our location being close to everything Bath has to offer. We are also lucky to be able to offer offsite parking, charged at £11 per day.

I do hope we have pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Julian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Towcester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

This was our third stay at this very well placed, central Bath hotel. As always the staff were unfailingly helpful and pleasant. The rooms are very comfortable and just seem to have everything you may need in them. The cooked breakfast was excellent and I just have to mention the fresh orange juice machine, fantastic! Love it.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your glowing review of your stay with us. I am glad that we had the pleasure of welcoming you again for the third time. I am glad that you found all aspects of the hotel to be good and found that staff helpful. W do all work hard to maintain the standards in the hotel. I am glad to hear that you found this to case again.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The hotel is the perfect base for a weekend of exploring central Bath, with all the main sights as well as plenty of restaurants and bars only a short walk away. The room was comfortable and well maintained and the breakfast was tasty and efficient. Service was good throughout.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay, and found the service to be good throughout your stay.

We are very lucky with our location being close to all the major attractions and restaurants,.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Lovely charming old building- winding staircases and great rooms / bathrooms. We stayed on the top floor so had a decent outlook over the rooftops of Bath. Pesky seagulls though!!

Fantastic location, helpful staff, very clean and a good breakfast.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your very kind review. I am glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us in Bath.

I am glad that you enjoyed all elements of your stay with us. I am also thrilled to hear that you found the staff to be helpful.

Hartford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We chose this hotel because of its location, but enjoyed every aspect of it. It is a lovely boutique hotel in the center of town. We had a room for three - a double and a single, and there was plenty of room. The room was very quiet, except for the sound of seagulls! Delicious filtered water in the room with free refills. Breakfast was delicious and abundant. The only complaint would be that the continental part of the breakfast was not replenished throughout the breakfast time. The morning we ate at 7:30, everything was full and lovely, but the second day, when we showed up at 9:00, most of the continental items were gone. We still had a nice full breakfast served to us, though. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in Bath..

Room Tip: Our room was on the back and was very quiet - not really a view, but you are in the middle of the ci...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
thank you for your very positive review of you stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found everything to meet your expectations. I am glad you found the added extras to your liking also.

I am sorry you found the continental breakfast to be sparse on you second morning. The girls to regularly top up the buffet and I am sorry this was not the case that day. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cooked breakfast.

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This hotel is located just few minutes walk from most of the interesting places in central Bath. It is a small hotel nicely decorated and furnished. That goes for both room, breakfast room and lounge. And it's clean everywhere.
Our room was surprisingly small considering we booked a room a little bigger than standard rooms. But it worked. It was really hot in Bath and we could really have used air-condition but there was non, so we has some hot nights. The hotel provided us with an electrical fan. It helped but not very much.
The breakfast menu and buffet were well assorted including porridge, traditional English breakfast and pancakes. I missed the black pudding but I seem to be one of the few that does that. The quality of the breakfast was good. Only the coffee could be better, and we don't understand why we had to wait so long for the hot dishes we ordered - every day.
The staff was accommodating and helpful though one didn't seem 100% service minded. Example: we wanted to sit at a window table in the breakfast room. It was free but not cleared/set. We were asked to sit at another table. I asked for blacked pudding though it wasn't on the menu and was told they didn't make that any more. The hotel is quite expensive so we expect the staff to go that extra length with reasonable requests.
The wifi works smoothly.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for you positive review of you stay. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us in the hotel.

All of our rooms do vary in size due to the age and the nature of the building. We are happy to discuss your requirements and assist with you room choice. We do aim to make the best possible use of the space in each room to provide both comfort and storage.

I am glad that you enjoyed what was on offer at breakfast. Every breakfast is cooked fresh to order to ensure that is the best it can be. I am sorry you could not have the black pudding as requested. This has been taken off the menu recently as it was not proving popular with guests. I will make sure that this is available to guests if requested in the future.

I am also sorry that you were unable to sit in the table by the window as it had not been cleared. I believe the breakfast waitress showed you to another prepared table so that you did not have to wait. In hindsight maybe she should have asked you to take a seat in the lounge until the table you preferred was ready.

I am glad that all in all you had an enjoyable stay and do hope you stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in Bath during our vacation. It is a small, historical hotel right in the middle of Bath. We could walk everywhere. We also were close enough to take a side, driving trip to Stonehenge. Everyone at the hotel was pleasant, friendly and helpful. The woman who made the breakfasts (included with the room) did a delightful job. Everything was delicious! Our bed was comfortable. The only issue we had was that it was warm when we were in Bath and had to rely on a room fan because the hotel isn't allowed to install air conditioning due to its historical significance. When in Bath again, we won't hesitate to stay here, just in a little cooler weather.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us in the hotel . I am extremely please to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am glad that you found the staff to be helpful and friendly and enjoyed the breakfast. We have many positive reviews on the staff as well as our cooked to order full English breakfast.

We are extremely lucky with our location being close to all the major attraction and shops. I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Julian

Been to Harington's City Hotel? Share your experiences!