“Romantic break in Bath” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Romantic break in Bath”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

A brilliant stay at this lovely little hotel right in the centre of Bath. We took advantage of the hot tub and enjoyed an hour in it. As it got dark and chilly we were warm and toasty, definitely recommend it. Our room was small, but very comfortable and had everything we needed. Being in the city centre there is a bit of noise at night but as a previous reviewer said things tended to quiten down by around midnight. Breakfast was delicious, something for everyone. I was particularly impressed with the wealth of gluten free options on offer at breakfast. We were also able to use the hotel's towels when we went to the Thermae spa. A perfect spot to stay in a fantastic location.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for you review of your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be comfortable.

I am glad that you enjoyed use of the hot tub, which has proved popular since being recently installed.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, we aim to offer something for everyone, and do have a wide variety of gluten free options available.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Turkish first
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

well located hotel in central Bath. Parking available within short walk. Brilliant location for shops, theatre. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very well appointed rooms. Clean. Hot power showers. Excellent full English breakfast to set one up for the day. Very comfortable bar and sitting areas with coffee or bar facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review of you stay with us. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to your liking.

I am glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and found all the staff to be friendly.

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip to the theatre, which is a 1 minute walk from the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Excellent location. Perfectly clean. Quiet. Would stay again in a flash.
Comfy bed. Tea/Coffee provided. Wi-fi. Parking fine - just dump bags, grab a map and permit and come back once parked. Perfect for shopping break away.

Room Tip: Room 9, 2nd floor back of building was lovely! Double and also a single.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you found everything to your liking and enjoyed your stay with us.

We are lucky with our location being in the heart of the city close to all the major attractions and shopping area.

I am glad you would stay with us again and look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

We were upgraded to Harington's Premier apartment for our trip to Bath. Very good facilities and lots of space. The customer service was excellent as were the breakfasts. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for you review of your stay. We were glad that we were able to upgrade you to the Premier Apartment for you stay with us.

The apartment is just around the corner of the hotel and can sleep up to eight people.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and found the service to be excellent.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We spent one night at Harington’s Hotel, a small hotel on Queen Street. The bedroom and bathroom were small, but not more than I would expect for a center city hotel. Where the hotel is located, Queen Street is pedestrian only. Our room looked out onto Queen Street and with a pub right across the street, I was concerned about noise that night. It wasn’t a problem. In addition to the normal sash windows in the bedroom and bathroom, they had installed storm windows on the inside so that you had double-glazing. Even though the pub stayed open later than we stayed up, we had a very nice and quiet sleep that night.

We had a Superior Queen room for £145 per night. They describe it as a room larger than standard with a higher ceiling height. It included free Wi-Fi and a pretty good full breakfast. Since we had a car, we used the off-site parking they offered for £11.00 per day. There is a small bar in the hotel with a somewhat limited selection.

I liked the location. We could easily walk to the main tourist sites and the pedestrian shopping area. There were plenty of restaurants nearby and a stop for the hop on/hop off bus just around the corner.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for taking you time to review your stay with us. I am extremely pleased that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found everything to your liking.

We are very lucky in our location, being right in the heart of the city and close to all the major attractions.

We recently invested in the secondary glazing for the rooms at the front with acoustic glass. I am glad this has proved effective.

I do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

Portsmouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

My Husband and I stayed 3 nights in Room 7 - a Family Room. We wanted something a bit larger than the Standard Room and this one was perfect. The Staff couldn't have been more helpful, even when I lost my room key (it was in my handbag all the time!) Spacious room , with a settee (that would have been an extra bed!) . Everything was clean, the bathroom modern, great shower, nice toiletries. The bed was very comfy, the Tea tray had Hot Chocolate and Biccies! The reason why we chose this Hotel was mainly the Central Position and of course the reviews in Trip Advisor! At this time of the year we like a break in a small city/large town central Hotel, do a bit of sightseeing and a bit of shopping and spend the evenings reading a couple of books, which brings me to the reason why I could not give this Hotel the "excellent" mark. The lighting in the bed room was terrible. It was tasteful! with all the up-lighting, but absolutely useless for reading. - maybe a standard reading lamp by the settee or a spotlight by the bed. anything that would have shed a bit of light on a page in a book. If that is not important to you - then The Hartington's is just perfect.
's is

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind review of your stay with us. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel.

I am happy to hear that you found the staff to all be helpful. I am also happy that you found the room to be clean and modern.

I am sorry you found the room lighting to be low. We have recently invested in LED lighting across the hotel. I will of course look into this myself and see if we can rectify this for future guests.

Once again thank you for your kind review and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming again in the future.

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

More a large guesthouse than what I think of as a hotel, Harington's is right in the centre of Bath, just off the sometimes well-named 'Quiet Street.'
It's a very friendly place with helpful and cheerful staff. Spotlessly clean rooms, a bit on the small side but very acceptable for a central location.
Parking can be impossible in the centre of Bath, but the hotel has ten or so leased spaces in the car park down the hill from Royal Crescent, about five to ten minutes walk away. They give you a parking permit and detailed directions through the one-way street system.
Breakfasts are superb, cooked fresh and served exactly as ordered, with the trademark friendliness that you come to expect after a while there.
Downside? I couldn't find one. Maybe a little pricey, but Bath isn't cheap. Good value for money though; I'd use this place again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's City Hotel, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your stay with us. I am thrilled to here that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am also very happy to hear that you found all the staff to be friendly and helpful. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast offering, we try to source as much as we can locally.

We are lucky with our location being right in the heart of the city. I am glad you would stay with us again in the future and look forward to welcoming you again.

Manager

Been to Harington's City Hotel? Share your experiences!