“Lovely, boutique hotel with everything you would need” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Lovely, boutique hotel with everything you would need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Recommended to me by a friend for a business trip. I was staying alone and made to feel very safe and welcome. The room I had was fantastic, on split levels, and with a coffee machine! The bed was comfy, room nice and warm. Just perfect. I had the continental breakfast which was great, but I have heard the cooked breakfast is very good. Great service. Would most definitely return!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad you took your friends recommendation and stayed with us recently. I am also happy to hear that you found your room well decorated and well appointed, all of our rooms have recently been refurbished and are individual in style. I am also glad you found the service great and the breakfast to your liking.

I am glad that we welcomed you back again recently, and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We spent the weekend at Harington's and have already decided we'll be back.
The hotel is ideally situated, right in the very centre of Bath and no more than a 2 min walk from everything!
Room 10 (a king feature room) was lovely, at the back of the hotel so very quiet and beautifull decced out.
The staff could not do enough, even bringing up couple of Baileys to the room at midnight.
The continental breakfast was a spread, lots of fresh fruit salad, croissants and cereals. My boyfriend upgraded to the fry up on day and said that was delicious as well.
All in all it was a lovely weekend in a lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Book an hour in the hot tub (£7.50 per person) for a special treat!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review about the hotel. I am extremely glad that you enjoyed your stay with us in bath. I am glad to hear you found the room well decorated and the staff helpful.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I visit Bath fairly regularly for work and have found The Harrington Hotel to not only offer excellent accommodation (great bathrooms and wonderfully comfortable beds), friendly and helpful staff and a hearty breakfast spread, but also an unbeatable central location. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
JulianMather, Manager at Harington's Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stays with us. We are lucky with our central location.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here for a night during a spa weekend to Bath. I was impressed with this hotel; I had done lots of research and have to say it did live up to my expectations.

Although the room we had was quite small, it had everything you needed in it, and was very stylish and cosy. More than a few nights it might get a little claustrophobic, but for a weekend stay it was perfect.

The bathroom was also quite small, and the shower door did not fully close, but it did not really impact on use of the shower. I liked the selection of teas (as a fussy non-caffeine drinking tea drinker) and the digital radio was a nice touch.

I like the location of this hotel very much. It is on a quaint side street with lots of character, but literally seconds away from the centre of town.

Breakfast was really lovely. We just had the continental breakfast that was included in the room rate, but I couldn't have eaten any more, and there was a really good selection, and friendly and efficient service. The breakfast room is also a lovely place to sit in.

Finally, the staff were really friendly, and very helpful. We ordered some drinks from the bar as room service, and an ironing board and iron. We were on the top floor (up three flights of stairs) they all done very quickly without a grumble.

All in all a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us and found the staff friendly and efficient.

Due the hotel being in a Georgian building all the rooms do vary in size. However I am glad that you found the room comfortable and stylish. I am sorry that the shower door did not seem to fully close. I have checked all rooms now and rectified the matter.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Lovely small hotel, comfy room, first rate english breakfast. Ideally located to walk almost anywhere in Bath. Two good pubs almost opposite, Abbey 10 mins away as are at least 2 excellent restaurants. We can definitely recommend this hotel. Two minor issues - difficult to adjust the room heating & parking is remote from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the hotel. I am very happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our Full English breakfast, we have had numerous positive comments.

Unfortunately due to our location we do not have parking onsite, however we do have allocated parking offsite a few minutes’ drive away.

We do hope you will stay with us again in the future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed here last November and were back Feb 2013 and thought we would try another boutique hotel/guesthouse 10 mins further out of town. We came to the conclusion we prefered the Harington but it is v personal. This hotel is full of character and you are bang in Bath town centre. The room we stayed in was small as are most rooms in Bath, but immaculate, with dresser, full length mirror, selection of teas etc etc. There was a little noise from the pub at closing time, but that didn't bother us - what do you expect being in a hotel in the centre. Breakfast was lovely and parking only minutes walk away - a carpark with allocated spaces to the hotel whereas the other hotel we used we had to find a space ourselves. We have also stayed at the Francis Hotel around the corner which we also enjoyed but it is a larger hotel. Depends what you are looking for from your stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am glad that you had an enjoyable return visit to us.

Glasgow
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We spent 2 nights here on the 11th 12th Feb in a feature room which I felt was rather small but perhaps that was because of our room size for the previous 2 nights. What a treat to have such a great sound system in the bathroom and my husband loved the digital radio which could be heard in the bathroom too! I like the fact that you could open the windows in the room. The bed was huge and very comfortable. It was a nice touch that a bottle of "Harington's water" was complimentary. Breakfast was in a beautifully decorated small room was lovely service and tableware. The fresh fruit salad and croissants were lovely but you can pay £7.50 for a full English breakfast if you wish, which is better value than your average Hilton breakfast!
I couldn't make up mind whether to saty here or the Francis Hotel, which is literally round the corner, but Harington's is what I'd describe as "small and friendly" The carpark is the long stay carpark nearby and you could come and go as often as you wished.
I loved the shopping on the doorstep and right next door to the hotel is a vintage and rare guitar shop-wonderful. We had pre dinner drinks in the pub across the road and didnt realise it had an upstairs area. We ate at Solo in a little food "enclave" area of Milsom street. Great offers for eating and drinking in February. The second night we ate in the Pig and Fiddle because there was football on!! I enjoyed the "open mic" entertainment. Food was great too.
Haringtons is a fab place to stay if you appreciate small modern chic hotels and you can shop til you drop and do the "tourist" bit, very easily. We'd go back here without doubt.

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms will have the same attention to detail as our feature room had.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am extremely glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

The Hotel is formed from three Georgian Townhouse and rooms do vary in size and shape. I am glad you enjoyed the sound system in the bathroom and the complimentary filtered water. I am also happy to hear that you found all of the staff friendly and helpful.

If booking directly with the hotel a Full English breakfast is included in all the rates, however if booked through an agent continental is included. I am glad you found the breakfast to your liking, and the decor of the breakfast room which has recently been refurbished.

Manager

Been to Harington's Hotel? Share your experiences!