Firstly I want to get the negatives out the way:
1) The prime central location means the hotel has no car park. It's not too far a walk, and they do have parking permits, but we did it in the rain so it wasn't great BUT you are informed of this and I felt it was a small price to pay to stay in such a great hotel.
2) The view from our room was pants, the back of buildings and a huge pile of rubbish - I closed the blinds and enjoyed the gorgeous decor of the room!
3) The (white) wine by the glass selection isn't good enough for the fab standards met by this hotel. I'm sure this could easily be resolved and I'm happy to offer my wine tasting services!
Now onto the (many, many) positives:
From the moment I booked this hotel the customer service I received was excellent. We decided to have a weekend in Bath for our wedding anniversary. After e-mailing Heather and asking for suggestions for nearby restaurants, she sent her recommendations which allowed for most dining tastes and she also offered to make any bookings we may require. As a result of this we booked Raphae'ls which turned out to be fantastic ( I have also reviewed this).
On arriving at the hotel our luggage was taken up to our room (you can't take this for granted when usually arriving at hotels). Once in our room, the beautiful decor struck me first followed by the fact that it was immaculately clean - and I am fussy. There were great tea/ coffee facilities with a few extra touches such as Caramel biccies and also lovely toiletries in the very nice bathroom.
The success of this hotel is not just down to the fact that it is cosmetically appealing but also down to the excellent staff. I can honestly say that all the staff we met during our stay were brilliant but I have to give a special mention to the lady who worked the evening of Friday 24th August and the following morning - if the management are reading this, she had light brown plaited hair. Her catchphrase seemed to be "that's no trouble" only she meant it, she was always so upbeat and despite trying to get on with her work, was happy to serve us at the bar. The Harrington should hire her out to other hotels, she could teach them a thing or two about customer service.
Breakfast - again, great service but also excellent, great quality food. Faultless.
All in all, not only will I be going back to this hotel, I am trying to find an excuse to do it as soon as possible. Check out the Gin and wine bar opposite, it's fab.
I have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful, customer focused hotel. I can confidentally say you will have a fantastic stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Harington's boutique hotel is ideally located on a quite cobbled street right in the centre of historic Bath. We are only a few hundred yards from the Roman Baths, Thermae Bath Spa and Bath Abbey. The city's main shopping street (Milsom Street) is only a stone’s throw from our front door. Bath's bus & train station is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel offers reserved off-site car parking just a few minutes from the hotel. We offer our guest modern decor and comforts in a historic townhouse setting. All our rooms are recently refurbished and en-suite. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel for guests. Our residents bar is open until midnight seven days a week and we also have a lounge menu serving food until 9pm nightly. Finally enjoy our gourmet breakfast each day to prepare yourself for the sights of Bath! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Harington's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haringtons Hotel Bath