“Be warned - you will definitely want to go back.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
BOOK DIRECT FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #7 of 31 hotels in Bath
Leamington Spa
“Be warned - you will definitely want to go back.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Firstly I want to get the negatives out the way:

1) The prime central location means the hotel has no car park. It's not too far a walk, and they do have parking permits, but we did it in the rain so it wasn't great BUT you are informed of this and I felt it was a small price to pay to stay in such a great hotel.

2) The view from our room was pants, the back of buildings and a huge pile of rubbish - I closed the blinds and enjoyed the gorgeous decor of the room!

3) The (white) wine by the glass selection isn't good enough for the fab standards met by this hotel. I'm sure this could easily be resolved and I'm happy to offer my wine tasting services!

Now onto the (many, many) positives:

From the moment I booked this hotel the customer service I received was excellent. We decided to have a weekend in Bath for our wedding anniversary. After e-mailing Heather and asking for suggestions for nearby restaurants, she sent her recommendations which allowed for most dining tastes and she also offered to make any bookings we may require. As a result of this we booked Raphae'ls which turned out to be fantastic ( I have also reviewed this).

On arriving at the hotel our luggage was taken up to our room (you can't take this for granted when usually arriving at hotels). Once in our room, the beautiful decor struck me first followed by the fact that it was immaculately clean - and I am fussy. There were great tea/ coffee facilities with a few extra touches such as Caramel biccies and also lovely toiletries in the very nice bathroom.

The success of this hotel is not just down to the fact that it is cosmetically appealing but also down to the excellent staff. I can honestly say that all the staff we met during our stay were brilliant but I have to give a special mention to the lady who worked the evening of Friday 24th August and the following morning - if the management are reading this, she had light brown plaited hair. Her catchphrase seemed to be "that's no trouble" only she meant it, she was always so upbeat and despite trying to get on with her work, was happy to serve us at the bar. The Harrington should hire her out to other hotels, she could teach them a thing or two about customer service.

Breakfast - again, great service but also excellent, great quality food. Faultless.

All in all, not only will I be going back to this hotel, I am trying to find an excuse to do it as soon as possible. Check out the Gin and wine bar opposite, it's fab.

I have no hesitation in recommending this wonderful, customer focused hotel. I can confidentally say you will have a fantastic stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
sullyBath, Manager at Harington's Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am very proud of all the staff and I am pleased that you found the service given of a high standard.

I am sorry that you feel your view was spoilt. I will personally speak with the building opposite to ask for the items to be removed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

472 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Cambridge, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am not picky about hotels but this onel is awful. When it says boutique do not think charm and good design, but small and uncomfortable in this case. Particular low points were: the heating not working at night (in Winter!), the unfriendly service (my sister joined us for Breakfast and we almost got thrown out of the hotel) and the price (I paid over £175per night). Keep your money in your pocket and avoid this place!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Your review is very disappointing to read, especially in the view of the fact we have had many positive reviews as well as good comments from many happy and returning customers who don’t post on trip advisor.

In response to some of the points raised in the review. Firstly we have our heating on throughout the winter. In the 8 years we have been in charge, I don't think we have ever received a complaint that the rooms were cold. Every room has a separate back up heater in the wardrobe should a guest want extra heat. In addition all our bathrooms have heated towel rails, and all of our sash windows have draught excluders installed.

Secondly regarding the unfriendly service at breakfast. We do advertise that people who are not staying in the hotel can come in and have breakfast with us. Why would we not want a guest to have someone join them for breakfast?

The reviewer states they stayed with us last winter. At the time nothing was brought to my attention, should it have I would have been able to rectify any problems they may have had.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked a 2 night stay here at the end of our honeymoon. We were upgraded on arrival and received champagne in our room which was furnished to a high standard. This is a lovely boutique hotel in the heart of Bath. It has been decorated to a high standard, we particularly liked the lounge area, and the staff are friendly and helpful. Being smaller seems to give a more personal service. The breakfasts were fantastic with the menu being a little bit more than the norm. Location is great with everything just a short walk away. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am extremly please you had an ejoyable stay with us during your honeymoon. I am glad you enjoyed the champagne and room upgrade given.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We were upgraded on arrival to the townhouse on trim street and had the whole house to ourselves. The location is excellent, right in the heart of Bath centre and walking distance to everything. The house was nicely decorated and the only minor complaint is the unbelievably loud seagulls squawking at night which prevented us from opening the windows. Very welcoming staff and a lovely fresh breakfast made for an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review. I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us, and in Bath. I am sorry to hear you were disturbed by the seagulls. The council are implementing measures to reduce the numbers in the city centre.

I am please you enjoyed your stay in one of our apartment and do hope you will return in the future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I absolutely loved this little boutique hotel, it was charming and relaxing and perfect. The staff was lovely, full of great advice, and welcoming from beginning till end. The rooms and property actually look exactly as advertised! Whenever I am in England again I will come back and stay at this place again. The only minor drawback was that the room did get a bit stuffy since it was so hot outside and there is no air conditioning, although a very loud fan is provided.
Miriam

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your very kind review. I am extremely glad you have a lovely stay with us and found the staff so welcoming and knowledgeable. I am sorry you found the room warm during your stay, due to the building being Grade 2 listed we are limited on the changes we can make to the building.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Haringtons Hotel is the perfect place to stay when in Bath. Just by Queens Square it is so central to everything in the town its an easy walk to everywhere.
Parking is provided at £11 per day - only pain in having to pick up the pass from the hotel and then go to the car park - but if you listen to the instructions its easy (I didn't by the way).
The staff are great - we had a number of questions about opening times, etc and they were answered quickly and accurately.
The breakfast - well, what can you say! Kippers the first day, "The Full Monty" on the second - brilliant.
The room we had (4) didn't have any air-conditioning and so with it being hot (yes, its true) in the UK when we visited the bedroom windows had to be open at night; the hotel did provide a fan, but we like fresh air The noise from the seagulls and early morning deliveries may wake you up earlier than you would want to.

All in all a great find and considering that we lived in the Bristol area for many years I was amazed when this popped up as I hadn't heard of the place!

Room Tip: If possible try and get a room at the back (away from the street) to cut down on noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Harington's Hotel. Many people are surprised when they find us at how central and well located we are. It is really appreciated by our guests and a big advantage of staying with us. Everything is on your door step. I hope you can come and see us again soon.
Bath, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a fabulous weekend spent at Haringtons Apartments in July. There were 11 of us altogether so booking The Premier and City Pad apartment was the perfect combination. The apartments were furnished beautifully and exceptionally clean.
We were very lucky with the weather so Pimms on the patio area of the Premier was an absolute must! The Premier is very spacious so getting ready on an evening wasn't a problem. Fantastic showers and the bedrooms were well equipped with dressing tables with hairdryers.
Both apartments were situated in the heart of Bath so everything is within walking distance. The free walking tour by the Mayors Honourary guides was well received, as well as the boat trip down the river Avon. If wishing to thoroughly relax visit theThermae Spa you won't be disappointed. Well done Haringtons we thoroughly enjoyed our girls weekend away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
sullyBath, Owner at Harington's Hotel, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Guest, Apologies for the delay in replying to your review. Thank you for your kind words about your stay in the Premier apartment. We are indeed very lucky to have such a central location, this is something that is appreciated by all our guests. The patio area of the apartment in a real bonus, and a great sun trap in the good weather. We are always improving and upgrading the apartment so if you ever stay with us again I think you will find we have made some changes that have made the apartment even better. Hope you stay with us again soon.

Been to Harington's Hotel? Share your experiences!