“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parkside

Parkside
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Parkside
You added Parkside to your Saves list
11 Marlborough Lane, Bath BA1 2NQ, England   |
Ranked #121 of 193 Bath B&B and Inns
Cheltenham, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Exceptionally pretty guest house with lovely garden, pretty and comfortable room, excellent breakfast, and wonderful hostess Inge. As others have said, easy walk to and from town. And location is outside the tourist hustle and bustle, so very quiet..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Helena, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our experience at the Parkside was a perfect introduction to England. Our flight was cancelled, causing us to miss the first night of our planned stay. Inge was so kind and understanding - she turned the stressful beginning of our trip into a wonderful memory. In addition, my Mom left her toiletry bag in the room when we departed and Inge and her staff went out of their way to track us down at the car rental office so that we could retrieve it before leaving town. What a lifesaver! The facilities were clean and comfortable and the gardens and surrounding area simply beautiful. I highly recommend the Parkside for your stay in Bath.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Christina Lake, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed there earlier this month and loved it. Great location in a beautiful neighbourhood and an easy walk to downtown. Inge is a wonderful hostess and tells some great stories - ask her about the hot chocolate and the white linen table cloth incident. She was very warm and accommodating - providing an early breakfast when we had to leave prior to the usual hours. She has a beautiful garden and took us on a personal tour pointing out her new acquisitions and favourites. Our room was bright, clean and comfortable and breakfast was delicious and ample. I would recommend this B & B without hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Inge was friendly and helpful. Easy walking distance from town (about 10 minutes leisurely stroll) although we weren't sure where to park - we ended up parking in the park (metered) which worked out fine and is free at the weekend. The room was simple and clean. Old, creaky wooden bed with very firm mattress, but we had a good night's sleep. Reasonably priced for the area.

• Stayed May 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

During the peak of the Bath Christmas shopping season, I stayed at this lovely bed and breakfast for two days. I was warmly greeted and assisted by Inge, the B&B owner. I arrived at dinner time, and she went out of her way to call and make a reservation for me at one of the best restaurants in town! My room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The house was quiet and well situated for access to the tourist attractions. The breakfast was delicious! I would definitely stay here again, should I find myself in Bath. The only recommendation I could possibly make is that my room was slightly on the chilly side. As I travelled around England, other places seemed to keep their rooms cold, so maybe this is just the standard. Delightful B&B!

• Stayed December 2012
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Breakfast measly & not much choice, orage when we asked for extra orange, they were disgusted!
- Rooms Cold - 3 Radiators in ours, only one worked, barely!
Blankets on the bed, no quilt - uncomfortable matress - you are best to look elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thatcham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Only nice thing I can say about this B&B is that it is in Bath, rude landlady with negative attitude who barely tolerates you in her property. The decor is dated at best, ugly at worst, office type carpet in bedroom and bathroom. She (Ingar is her name) grudgingly 'served' below average breakfast, no options offered just fried everything in small portions. When I asked for scrambled eggs instead of fried you'd have thought I'd asked to eat her mother from the look I got. When eggs arrived they were clearly not scrambled eggs but egg whites broken into frying pan then pushed about a bit, nasty. Worse to come with cheap, thin white toast, no other colour offered (although brown was begrudgingly produced when asked for by only other couple staying there) I spread it with strawberry looking jam from small dish on my table but had to spit it out as it had fermented & tasted disgusting. When I told her this she barely apologised and didn't look surprised. On checking out she did not ask how my stay was or offer a better apology re my breakfast, I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Room Tip: If you must book this B&B I stayed in room 4, a double overlooking the back garden, it was quiet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Parkside? Share your experiences!