“Easy walk to Bath, helpful owner, comfortable rooms, off street parking” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pulteney House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Pulteney House
You added Pulteney House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   14 Pulteney Road, Bath BA2 4HA, England   |
Ranked #70 of 190 Bath B&B and Inns
Australia
“Easy walk to Bath, helpful owner, comfortable rooms, off street parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2010

Good location with short walk into Bath, comfortable rooms, en suite, off street parking, breakfast, guest lounge room, owner good knowledge of area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Weston-super-Mare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Had night away from home to shop in the City and wante to be within walking distance - perfect location for this, nice 5 minute walk to centre.
We had double room in building to the rear of the property and it was lovely, clean, cosy, just what we needed for a night away.
Staff were very helpful and polite.
Breakfast was more than enough
Surprised at bad reviews, maybe other rooms in main building are not as pleasant as the one we stayed in, we would definately use this hotel again.:)

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2009

I stayed overnight at this B&B. The couple running it seemed nice and polite enough when I checked in but were really cranky in the morning. The wife seemed overworked and the husband seemed kind of rheumy (alcoholic?). Room was really tiny and narrow. Carpets were beautiful but needed deep cleaning. Bathroom - Yikes! When I used the sink the toilet gurgled. When the toilet was flushed it gurgled and echoed in the sink...ewww. The headboard had been slipped between the mattress and the wall, not connected to bed frame. Breakfast was all right.

Many areas of this B&B were really beautiful, especially the exterior. Just seemed a little run down. I would recommend this as a no frills stay. Great location, but I felt that it was really pricey for what I paid.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
holland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

Room ok for one night. Breakfast a nightmare. Uninterested staff, breakfast room poorly cleaned. Overrated.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2009

I read a ton of bad reviews of Pulteney House before my trip, and was extremely nervous upon my arrival. However, I soon found out that those bad reviews were dead wrong. The staff was friendly throughout my entire stay, cheerfully accomodating my weird arrival and leaving times. Breakfast was delightful--I loved the poached eggs. To the reviewers who said that the rooms were small, I feel that this is to be expected, since it is an English house-turned-B&B. For being small, they were very nice. The location was excellent, well within a short walking distance of everything in Bath. I had a lovely view of the abbey from my window.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo

Been to Pulteney House? Share your experiences!