“I love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 32 Hotels in Bath
Ryde, United Kingdom
“I love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stay here every year when I visit the christmas markets and meet up with my mum and dad.
I had a lovely single room which was just right. It had a comfortable bed and a lovely bathroom.
The food is always very good and the staff are extremely helpful and cheerful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The hotel was perfectly placed for a weeekend away on the train and to walk around Bath. The staff could not have been friendlier and warmer a great advert for the city of Bath !. Room quiet and cosy at the back - loved the cafetiere to enable you to make own fresh coffee .Beds comfortable and only noise was pigeons and odd seagull! Food in restaurant was consistently good had dinner twice as part of the package and when my steak was over cooked I pointed it out and a gorgeous tender replacemnet came out within five mins or so .my sister enjoyed the puddings too ! Afternoon tea with a glass of champagne was a lovely start to the weekend - what was not to like !

Room Tip: rooms at the front larger and looked lovely but soem people say were noisy the rooms at the back wer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I don't have many requirements from a hotel room, only that it needs to be clean, have a nice comfortable bed to sleep and a hot shower. The Royal Hotel provided that and so much more during my long weekend in Bath visiting the Christmas market (which i would also recommend).
Location was perfect for me as it was right next to the station and was within 5 mins walk of the main shopping district. The room itself was very comfortable and warm with lots of lovely extras like the tea tray complete with cafetiere and ground coffee and the complimenary bottled water. There was a wide choice of breakfast food available to order each morning, all cooked fresh, very tasty and set me up for the day ahead.
But for me, what really made my stay just that little bit more amazing was the impeccable service and friendliness of the hotel staff, in particular Emily, the lovely receptionist who always greeted me with a smile and asked how my day was, not to mention being extremely helpful with my requests. She even offered to keep my luggage (and huge amounts of shopping!) in storage after i checked out so that i could kill a few hours in town before catching my train home. My weekend break was made all the more relaxing and enjoyable thanks to people like her, and i shall certainly be back to stay again!

Room Tip: Definitely try and ask for a room facing the back if you want a more quieter night's sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We spent two nights in this very well located hotel close to the main line railway station in Bath and the new Southgate Shopping Centre in Bath which is very impressive. We received very good and friendly service both before our stay and during it from all the staff including the Receptionist who could not have done more to help and advise us. This 3 star hotel in Bath is a little gem and we shall certainly consider staying there again. Mr & Mrs P from Sherborne in Dorset UK

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Middlesex, north west london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding Anniversary and stayed at Royal Hotel in Bath. The service was brilliant and our room was just perfect. We stayed for 2 nights and enjoyed the sights and Christmas market in Bath. It's position is great, just across the road from the train station. We ate in the bar as well as the restaurant both times were excellent. The breakfast gives you a variey of cooked breakfasts as well as cereals ect. I was surprised the hotel only has 3 stars it deserves 4 stars. I looked at reviews before I booked this hotel and all were excellent. They aren't made up try this hotel for yourself.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just returned from a great weekend with friends had a wonderful stay! room & staff were lovely especially Emily on reception who was always more than happy to help. Would definitely return thank you for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for two nights had a lovely time ,great food plenty to eat
Great hotel for getting around bath sight seeing.
Room very nice and clean.
Staff friendly and helpful
After spa afternoon came back to hotel for champagne and cream tea all in the package

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!