We booked this hotel for a short stay in Bath to see Stonehenge, Avebury and the Cotswold. WWe booked 2 rooms both with 2 twin beds and one of the rooms we booked the airconditoning was not wroking. We checked in about 5:00pm and both rooms were hot so we attempted to turn on the a/c in both rooms. One room it worked fine, the other room it did not work. The front desk was called and we we told that the a/c was being worked on and would be fixed. We watied and then we were told that it would not be fixed but that they would provide us with a fan. This was unacceptable. My in laws were in this room and they are in the 70's. I went down to the front desk and was told that they are sorry but there were not anymore rooms with 2 twin beds that were available,, but we could have a free bottle of wine. I didn't want a free bottle of wine. I wanted a room with a/c. I had to ask the front desk clerk (Tom) if there were ANY other rooms available. Why did I have to ask this??? Shouldn't they offer this?? He said he would show us a double room. So off we went. We decided to take the double room because it had a/c. Tom had only given us 1 key to the double room and it did not work. So off I go to the front desk again to fix the keys to the double room and I told him I would bring him the keys to the room that didn't have a/c. I think I had to make 5 trips to the front desk to resolve this situation. This should not have happened. They should not have assigned people to a room that did not have a/c. Later that night and the next morning while I was in the lobby using the free WIFI (because you have to pay if you want it in the room) I overheard 2 other people complaining about not having a/c in their room and they were told the same thing we were told that the a/c was being worked on and it would be fixed. We checked in on Thursday night and I overheard this on Saturday morning.
Also houskeeping did not do a good job in either room. The beds were not made in either room, we did not receive clean washcloths and the drinking glasses were dirty. The overall cleaniness of the room was disappointing. There was dust on the TV and a large amount of dust on the electric plug behind the TV. I noticed this because the cable for the TV was unpluged and I had to fix it.
I was very disappointed in this Hilton, will never stay here again and will tell all of my friends who go to Bath to stay somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Bath City Hotel Bath
- Hilton Bath City Hotel
- Hilton International Bath
- Hilton Bath
- Bath Hilton Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable 173 bedroom hotel with an excellent city centre location, located 10 minutes from the railway station and close to Bath Rugby Ground. Beautiful views from our Restaurant of Pulteney Bridge, overlooking the River Avon. Car Parking available at the multi-story car park directly next door to the hotel, £15 per validation - once in once out. Alternative parking available within a 10 minute walk of the hotel, please speak with our Reception Team for details. Facilities available in the hotel are gym, meeting rooms, restaurant, room service, lounge and bar area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hilton Bath City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.