“Ellegant Hotel in a very stylish City” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kennard

You added The Kennard to your Saves list
The Kennard
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   11 Henrietta Street | Off Great Pulteney Street, Bath BA2 6LL, England   |
Ranked #19 of 190 Bath B&B and Inns
Faversham
“Ellegant Hotel in a very stylish City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the moment we stepped into The Kennard it was obvious this was no normal hotel. It is lovely to find such an individual oasis amongst so many chain hotels where you could be anywhere in the world. The location, the rooms, the proprietors and the breakfast are outstanding, and I hope to return before too long.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We decided to stay at this hotel despite as young professionals it was a bit expensive. Very professional and welcoming couple who have created an excellent place to stay. The details put into this hotel is great, and as a faithful fan of coffee I was genuinely happy to see that they provided several types of coffee and tea beside a well above average breakfast. The room was nice with a good view over the city. The intérieur of this georgian townhouse is nice and next time we are back in bath we will probably try out the authentic old-fashion room (the modern rooms are also very good). I can really recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Beautiful hotel, great welcome, very helpful with maps and directions. Breakfast divine and in such fine surroundings. Felt like a queen and king here. Happy to recommend to couples for a romantic stay or the extended family or business trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Cassino, Lazio, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

When I went to Bath, I was looking for some information about starting my own company and moving myself to the UK.

Even if discovering new places is pretty exciting to me, being alone in a city you have never been before is never a pleasant experience; but this is not something that happened to me: Giovanni and his wife Mary were always there for me, answering any question I could think of and they quickly became my reference point in the city.

They have helped me in every way they could and made me really feel at home, giving me advices about Bath itself, the business opportunities and going way further any duty they could have ever.

I chose a single room with breakfast; the room was cleaned every day like the day I got in, and their breakfast is an experience you should try once in your life!

The difference between the Kennard Hotel and any other hotel, is that you ask for a room, but that is not what you get. What you really get is the kindness you would expect by friend, someone who gives you advices that you were not going to expect from an hotel owner and, before moving out, you probably will be speechless because what they do for you is something you never got elsewhere.
You pay just for a room, but what you get is a wonderful experience.

This is the Kennard Hotel. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.

Room Tip: You could book any room, but in the end you will think you're not paying enough for what you get...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Came on from a short break on Exmoor - Convenient location, Henrietta Street is a 5 minute walk to the centre, friendly hosts, spotlessly clean room, nice decor, delicious breakfast, idea when staying in Bath.
Parking as usual in Bath is not the easiest, none the less would highly recommend the Kennard.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We booked a night in this lovely hotel and were sad we hadn't booked more! From the moment we walked in, the customer service was attentive and helpful. A recommendation of a restaurant and a call to book was no hassle. Bags were carried up for us and a handy parking permit issued. Great location, with a very easy walk to the main attractions. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

First of all, we typically don't stay at B&Bs, but decided to give it a go because of the reviews on this site. We have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Kennard. The owners were very pleasant and helpful when needed, and we appreciated the fact that they weren't overbearingly chatty.

We had a standard double room on the top floor of the hotel and although it was not a large room, it was very pleasant. The bed was very comfortable, and the room very clean. They provide complimentary tea and cookies as well as bottled tap and sparkling water in the room. The breakfast was wonderful, even for us vegetarians, as we were able to eat the toast, beans, grilled tomatoes, potatoes from the full English breakfast. There was also a nice selection of cereals, fruit and chutney. We loved the myriad of jams available in cute, individual sized jars. We are very particular about coffee, but they had a nice selection of different fresh ground beans, deliciously made via French press. There was also a wide selection of loose leaf teas that I thought was delicious as well, but I'm no tea expert. The location was very convient to central Bath and the train station. It is a very easy walk from the trains station to the hotel, even with bags, so don't be duped into grabbing a taxi. The only downside was that the "internets" did not work very well, and sometimes not at all. Maybe it was because our room was on the top floor or someone was downloading a "large" file (wink wink).

We would recommend this B&B to even those who are not B&B fans!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kennard? Share your experiences!