“Great Rooms, Service and View” 5 of 5 stars

Paradise House
5.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   86 - 88 Holloway, Bath BA2 4PX, England   |
Ranked #6 of 190 Bath B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Great Rooms, Service and View”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2005

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. The service was impeccable, the rooms were spotlessly clean and the back garden view was fantastic - you see a lot of Bath across the valley. The 4 poster bed was extremely comfortable and the sheets were a high cotton count so had that luxurious feel to them.
The only drawback for more senior people would be that the hotel is on a steep hill but if you stayed in the hotels in the town center, you would miss the lovely views that Paradise House offers. The garden is beautiful and there are seats to sit on and enjoy the view. It only took us 10 minutes to walk to the town center and you need that walk after the hearty, cooked breakfasts! I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2005

My partner and I stayed here with my brother and his partner, and my parents, to celebrate my dad's 80th birthday. The hotel was superb - the rooms are decorated to, and maintained at, a remarkably high specification and the breakfast is great. The staff (Richard and Rachel) couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful, making restaurant bookings, calling cabs, just generally making a great effort. UK small hotels are often woefully overpriced with poor facilities - this one really bucks the trend, and I would stay here in preference to a large, soulless corporate hotel any day.

• Stayed May 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for the first two nights of our honeymoon, having read such great reviews on tripadvisor and seen the hotel advertised in Alistair Sawday's 'Special places to stay.' We absolutely loved it - if you go, have room 3 - beautiful views out over Bath, lovely big bed, and the most gorgeous and brand new bathroom - full of molten brown products, fluffy towels, big bath and shower, and dimmer lighting. The whole room was incredibly romantic, as were the flowers, chocolates and champagne on arrival (booked in addition!) I would truly recommend this place - we're quite fussy and we absolutely loved it. Hoping to go back soon! Breakfast was delicious, and freshly prepared, with loads of choice. Quick walk into Bath centre as well. Stay here!!!

• Stayed December 2004
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2005

I chose this hotel on the recommendation of many of the reviews on this site.
On arrival however I was disappointed at the setting which is on a shabby street. I had expected from the photos on it's website that the hotel would be set in some greenery. I now realise they were shot from the best aspect which are the lovely gardens.
Our room was also disappointing, small and with tired worn decor. And the Jaccuzi bath is certainly not a luxury - it has a suction vent that I thought would suck me down it!
The management couple however were really really lovely and made sure we felt welcome. They were extremely friendly and advised us on restuarants and attractions.
By no means be put off from this hotel but do consider what matters to you most. I would have preffered a more impressive room and a little more luxury and could have forgone the garden and view to have it.
I think that this new management couple will improve things considerably but for us, Bath is such a wonderful place, we will definatly return, but next time we will spend a little more money for a higher standard of resting place than this.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to Paradise House? Share your experiences!