“final touches required” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“final touches required”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a generally good experience here though two complaints about there being no heating in room 31 did not receive any response. We were moved to a twin room at our request ( thank you) and that was on the hot side. The first morning there was a very loud business meeting next to the breakfast room, which was not very relaxing. The cooked breakfast took a long time to come, but was quicker on the following day. The staff did turn down the music at my request. (Thankyou). Why do hotels assume you want music for breakfast? None of my group like it.
Also think their policy of not having a tea station in the room a mistake. Tea and coffee is available in the lounge, but we brought our own kettle, having been warned, as did others in our party. We need an early morning cup of tea, or two.
Otherwise we were comfortable. Staff amenable. The parking seems to work OK. A few small tweaks would make it excellent.

Room Tip: Check the heating is working.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed at the Queensberry for our 1st wedding anniversary and overall we enjoyed our stay. It's a quirky old building, which is also a bit of a maze, which adds to its charm. We appreciated the decor of the hotel and its rooms.

We had a lovely big room, which was very comfortable and we also enjoyed the prosecco and box of chocolates in the room on our arrival. We enjoyed the complimentary continental breakfast provided, although it costs extra for a cooked breakfast. We also enjoyed an evening meal in the Olive Tree restaurant and particularly enjoyed the wines that were selected to go with out food by the maitre d'. Prior to our meal, we sampled a cocktail from the hotel bar, which was very nice, but there was no one else there, so I felt it was lacking in any atmosphere.

Despite the things that we admired about the hotel, including the friendly & helpful staff and the valet service, there felt like something special missing, considering the price you pay for a room. It would be nice if their tea and coffee facilities were made available in the rooms. We had a room facing the street and you needed to pull the blind down when you went to the loo, so that people in the opposing buildings didn't need to watch your business! Because of the hotels excellent location to the centre of Bath also means that late night revellers can be heard on their way back home after their night out.

Overall, a nice stay, but for the price paid, I would be tempted to try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't street facing!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lincolnshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed at the Queensberry on the strength of Trip advisor ratings and were'nt disappointed. The room was faultless. Supremely comfortable executive room with everything we required and the best darn shower I've EVER had! We ate at the hotel too and I actually joked about the portion size of my dinner when it arrived, BUT it tasted amazing. And, actually, although I mocked the size of the portion, it was quite sufficient. There are no tea-making facilities in the room and that is slightly irritating but there is a lounge that serves drinks pretty much the whole day so it's not such an issue. In short, a nice hotel with good rooms and very tasty food.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cambridge New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed here for two nights and loved it. We had a junior suite which was very spacious,it fronted the street but was still quiet at night.
The small hotel bar is intimate, and the restaurant was fabulous. We had one of the best meals of our trip here!
The staff were also great,always willing to please.
We loved Bath & loved this hotel

• Stayed September 2013
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We visited the Queensbury hotel on the recommendation of a Bath local for my girlfriend's birthday. The staff at the restaurant were charming, if a little invisible. We started with cocktails in their wonderful courtyard, recommended by the waiter- it did feel like we were back in Milan- very chic. We moved through to the restaurant to enjoy a decent bottle of champagne, a touch on the pricey side for an unknown marque. We ordered two courses each and demolished them with gusto. You could tell attention had been paid to creating a balanced menu, with plenty of delicious options on the set menu. We opted for a la carte, and I have to say we probably should have followed the Set. That said, the food was very very tasty and clearly well prepared.
What sadly took a shine off the evening was a considerable wave of illness that over took me- only to be quizzed at every turn by the waiter as to why I wasn't finishing courses. My girlfriend was fine however and ploughed on boldly, and greatly enjoying it. At the end of our meal, it took a considerable length of time to attention of the waiter, let alone get the bill, and pay. The whole process took well over half an hour- a sad lack of attention to detail given I'd had to explain quite how unwell I was to the waiter at every course before he'd agree to take my plate.
Overall a good meal, slightly overshadowed by feeling increasingly unwell, something I could only attribute to some olives we were served on the terrace that had languished long in the sun that day.
I would like to try the restaurant again, just under happier and more healthy circumstances. My advice? Go straight to dinner and avoid the olives.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had a very nice stay at the Charming Queensberry hotel in the lovely city of Bath. The rooms was relatively large, clean and with a lot of soul. The staff provided us with great service and local knowledge. I highly recommend this hotel to others :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at the Queensberry Hotel in Bath in September 2013 with 5 girl friends to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We had booked 1 x superior room and 2 x standard rooms.
My room was a superior room however on inspection of the other rooms we had booked there was not that much difference between the rooms. The main difference was our room had a nicer view.
The rooms had everything you needed including TV, DAB radio and dock, bath robes, complimentary shampoo etc but be warned there are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. If you require tea or coffee there is a free facility for this in the reception area where they provide teapigs tea and coffee but only after 9.30am. If you require tea or coffee before 9.30am you will need to order and pay via room service.
Breakfast was really good with a good continental selection and also a Full English or other options such as kippers, eggs (cooked any way you like). We also had an evening meal in the hotel which was superb.
The staff were very helpful although they did mess up our evening meal booking for the second night and forgot to tell us until 2hrs before we were due to head to the restuarant (Porters) so we ended up at an alternative restaurant which was a very good choice as it turned out.
All in all we had a lovely stay and I have a nice little bag of the Queeberry Hotel as a souvenier of my 40th birthday.
I would stay here again as it is in a perfect location in Bath and you can walk to the town centre in approx 5 minutes. There are also some nice Cafe's close by and the Roman Baths are about 10 mins walk through the city centre.
If you choose to use the Bath Spa - the hotel can loan you the bath towels and robes to take with you (free) as the Bath Spa will charge for hire of the robes and towels.

Room Tip: I was informed that Room 8 is the nicest room although I didnt actually see the room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Queensberry Hotel? Share your experiences!