“Lovely pub for a lunchtime drink & snack” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Henfield
“Lovely pub for a lunchtime drink & snack”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This pub was really light & airy inside, suitable for pretty much anyone who wants a drink & a lunchtime meal. The food was nice although there could have been more chips with the burger!

Visited March 2014

• Turkish first
Cheshunt, England, United Kingdom
“A Nice Meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We were recommended to go to 'The West Gate' by our grandson who is at university in Bath. So our grandson and his sister, together with my wife and I went there yesterday evening for a meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and we ordered our meals and drinks. We all enjoyed our meals. I had the fish and chips. This was very well presented on a wooden board, together with a pot of mushy peas and a pot of Tartar sauce. The fish was marvellous, and obviously very freshly caught, and the chips were great. The price for the drinks and food was very reasonable. I know that we will go to 'The West Gate' again when we next visit our grandson.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good food, Good value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

I went here for the first time monday with a friend. As this was my first time i was unsure what to try, but i always think if your unsure, a good way to judge a restaurant is on their fish and chips. With the idea if its good, then likely the rest of the food will be. So i had the fish and chips, it was a generous portion with lovely chips and a real good crisp batter, i would have no problems eating here again and going for something more adventerous.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I was wandering round Bath on a Sunday afternoon and looking for somewhere to eat. I saw the sign for a Sunday Roast £6.99 and it looked like a lovely warm pub so I went in.

The roast was ok. The only thing was the yorkshire pudding was crispy and fell apart. Good for the price I paid, you get what you pay for. Other things on the menu sounded lovely though.

I'd probably come back here for drinks if I was in Bath again because it had a nice atmosphere and had a country pub feel to it.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Slipping Standards”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I've been to this pub a number of times and have always enjoyed my visits, however I met a friend for a drink there last night and was quite disappointed. The venue was fairly empty and we had to wait a long time to order drinks (the bartender just left the bar for a while, leaving customers standing around without drinks or service).

When I eventually got it, my wine and bar snack were both very good. I will come back here as I really like the atmosphere and location. Hopefully normal service will resume shortly!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere