After reading the reviews after booking we were expecting the worst and sadly they proved to be correct. The house needs completely deep cleaning and updating. The decor is outdated and the furniture mis matching.
The room we stayed in had just enough room to fit a double bed in and it was a squeeze around the dressing table and sides of bed. The bed linen was clean and laundered, but with only one hard pillow each, meant we had little comfort.
The toiletries supplied consisted of an economy size hand anti bacterial handwash on the basin, 2 open and half used shampoos and 2 open and used soaps. The sink and taps were not clean and the loo seat was peeling - maybe from painting. The shower was a plastic shower head leading from the taps and was difficult to control the heat, though the water was hot. The whole room felt fusty.
The breakfast was staggered as there were 7 more guests than could be accomodated. Coffee, tea, cereal and cheap tasting juice was available. The cooked breakfast was acceptable but cheap ingredients. Toast was delivered to the table warm and we were asked if we wanted more. I did not appreciate the cleaning of plastic table cloths with spray solution around me whilst eating
The gentleman in charge - not sure if he was the owner was polite. He was the only person we saw - checking in, cooking and serving.
Overall I would say that the accomodation needs some investment, the price is comparable with some good hotel deals - so you expect more. I do not appreciate being asked to pay for parking when I stay away.
The benefit of a stay here was that it was a convenient walk into town, though there are plenty more guest houses to chose from along the road. Do your research!
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Post Villa Hotel Bath
- Lamp Post Villa Bed And Breakfast
- Lamp Post Villa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lamp Post Villa is an elegant Victorian Townhouse offering quality en-suite B&B accommodation with car parking in the center of Bath. Located just a few minutes walk from the city center, we cater for tourists and business people alike and aim to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The friendliest B&B in Bath. Just ten minutes walk from the bus station and likewise ten minutes from Bath Spa train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Lamp Post Villa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.