“Dream Trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 190 Bath B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Dream Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friend I visited Bath for an overnight trip while staying in London. We had come for the Jane Austen Festival and couldn't have been happier with the central location of this B&B to the city center. We took the train from London to Bath and it was a quick and easy walk from the train station to this lovely B&B. The owners were so gracious and welcoming, letting us check in early and giving us plenty of suggestions of things to check out and restaurants to try. My friend and I loved the City View room with its gorgeous overlook of the city. Breakfast was delicious and homemade. Our room and bathroom were very clean. I would definitely stay again and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: If you want a splendid high overview of the city, stay in the City View room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and I were in Bath for a few days in September. This was an excellent location. Just a few minutes walk to the center of Bath tourist area. Hosts were friendly and helpful. Breakfasts delicious. Bit of a steep climb to the attic rooms, but clean and cosy when you get there.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

My wife and I had our first City break with our 6 week old daughter. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The kitchen/living area was perfect for us to relax in, there was coffee, tea and juices available and every morning a breakfast was delivered hot to our apartment. Overall we were very happy with the service. Also - we got the apartment for half price as it's off season which was great. Bath is a wonderful city - probably the prettiest in UK. The shops are very good. There are plenty of great places to eat and drink too. In particular - The Chequers (Gastropub over the road) serves fantastic food and the service is great too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rivers Street Rooms last weekend on our first trip to Bath. It was just perfect.......friendly, beautifully decorated and our hosts bent over backwards to ensure that we were comfortable and looked after throughout our stay.
Sean is a wealth of information and guided us in the direction of a lovely Italian bistro 5 mins away on foot. Sharons breakfast is to die for, freshly baked pastries, mini bacon and sausage rolls..a perfect way to start the day! I own a cleaning business and the first thing I do anywhere is inspect the cleanliness when I stay somewhere. .......I couldn't find a single thing that I would comment on regards cleaning. Under the free standing bath was spotless, mirrors sparkled and our bedroom in the city view room had been thoroughly cleaned. I would employ the cleaner!! Thoroughly recommend this place to stay.

Room Tip: Lovely views across Bath in the City view room and very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My mum was recently visiting from Scotland and I decided to take her for a two night stay in Bath. Upon searching for an appropriate hotel/B&B, I came across the River Streets B&B Apartment. I loved the look and location of it from the outset and it was ideal for us as there were two separate bedrooms. The cost was £280 for the two of us for the two nights, much cheaper than the other hotels/B&Bs I had looked at.

Upon arrival we were both very impressed with the apartment and the décor. The place was lovely and clean and there was plenty of space (and towels!) for the two of us. It was like home from home! The fridge had been fully stocked with milk, butter, crumpets, fruit juice and there was a loaf of bread, cereal and tea and coffee!! This was on top the lovely fresh homemade breakfast items that were delivered to us at the agreed time on both days!

The location was perfect for us. Around 10 mins to centre of town and very close to the Sightseeing bus stops (very handy after a long day of shopping!) There was also a lovely pub directly over the road and local shops on the street running parallel.

Sharon and Sean were very helpful and welcoming. Sharon was very informative and friendly and they allowed us to use the B&B over the road to drop our suitcases off on the last day. Nothing was too much trouble!

I will definitely be back to stay and would highly recommend this (and have done already to my friends and colleagues!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights here on our first visit to Bath. The rooms are within the attic of the owners' home and are accessed via a steep stair so not suitable for the unfirm. The house is stylishly decorated and the owners were friendly and helpful. The house is within walking distance of all the tourist sights of Bath. Parking is quarter mile away as Rivers Street is permitted. Breakfast was quirky - a range of home baking perhaps more suited to elevenses than breakfast. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in the apartment for £400 when we arrived we noticed that the apartment could be cleaner than it was.... Kettle covered with lime scale, hairs in bath and floor, taps and sink needed a good scrub etc. I contacted the owner about this and I was told she would come over the next day with the cleaner to make sure everything was sorted. We went out for day and returned at 4.00 to find nothing had changed? So once again I contacted owner who said cleaner had spent 1 hour there but nothing had been done? Not even kitchen bin had been emptied or anything that I had mention the day before! I got an e mail saying we could stay for free off one of the owners then the other owner came over with fresh towels to say he would reduce bill at check out the following morning? At check out the bill was reduced by £100 but while I was there the cleaner then confronted me to ask what wasn't clean!! So I had to explain again. So all in all not a good experience... No one addressed the problems while we stayed there and was made to feel like it was being unreasonable not worth £300 and very unprofessional to bring the cleaner into the discussion

• Stayed August 2013
RiversStreetRooms, Owner at Rivers Street Rooms, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Many thanks for the review and comments. Of course, we have been expecting some comments from you despite our efforts to address your issues.

It is such a shame that you failed to mention how much you said you loved the flat on arrival and how much you also said you loved coming back to it each night. Also, the fact that we gave you a 10.30am check-in in the morning, and the use of our home until 5pm on the day of check-out (which was a actually a family day off for us, with the B&B closed). So we gave you a day and a half extra time for the money. We try to be noticeably generous with our guests, and we offered these extras to you freely in advance, as you had odd flight times and two young children in tow.

You did tell us that you found a few things that weren’t to your liking: the underside of the bathroom tap and the kettle had limescale, and that the top of the hob also showed signs of wear, but you were unable to say what else you actually found unclean. We have now addressed these limescale issues, so many thanks for these pointers. The only other thing that you complained about was that after less than 24 hours you did not have a full set of clean towels (you had already had four large, clean towels upon arrival). We pointed out that for environmental reasons we do not change towels as a matter of course after one day, but of course we are happy to do so on request, which is why we brought them over in the evening.

I did talk to my cleaner in the morning about the issue of cleanliness, especially the issue of a hair in the bath, as hairs are something that we always mention to cleaners as it is so easy for one to fall off of a cloth during cleaning. She was extremely upset and surprised to hear that you found it unclean, as she had spent three hours cleaning it, including backs of beds, etc. She simply asked you for feedback so that she could improve her cleaning, and since you were quite obviously angling for a discount, I do not think it unreasonable that she would ask for this feedback. Unfortunately, you were also unable to tell her what you found to be unclean and were quite defensive in the process.

We offered you a £100 discount to address your complaints about limescale on the kettle and underside of the taps and any hairs you saw, plus we offered you the early check-in and late check-out, so it is surprising and upsetting that you would want to write such a review, but we are also saddened that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope that next time you visit Bath you find accommodation that suits your needs.

We take cleanliness very seriously, and as you can see from all of the other reviews that have been written, our guests are always extremely happy with how clean their rooms are and the value we offer for the money in the centre of Bath. There will always be areas where we can make improvements, and mistakes can happen, so we will continue to act on feedback from our guests. Again, thank you for your input.

Been to Rivers Street Rooms? Share your experiences!