“wont be visiting again” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #194 of 414 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
“wont be visiting again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We visited last friday as we were spending the weekend in bath. We booked a table. On arrival we were told to wait in the bar as our table was not ready. The bar was so busy we didnt reach the bar in the 10 mins we waited. We were sat upstairs on a table for two. The table was very cold as it was under a vent. Our first waiter didnt seem helpful when we explained this and I had to ask someone else and we were moved. At this time we still dont have a drink we had now been in the restaurant for 30 mins!!!!! The food was good quality with good choices. Our food came very quickly and we we both felt rushed to eat pay and leave. I really think this restaurant needs to take less bookings and concentrate on the guests they have. Also not sure a stag party is the right type of booking a place like this should be taking while there are customers trying to enjoy a quiet meal!!!! Like I say we wont be visiting again.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Turkish first
Bristol
“Over rated & very poor atmosphere”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Even though it was last year we visited this place & as I seem to have time on my hands to write these reviews I feel I need to say what a big disappointment this was, over-rated, over-priced & as for the authentic decor, more like awful decor.
I have had better food in a burgerking.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Oxford, United Kingdom
“"No good for couples."”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We booked on line before hand which was easy. We have eaten in Jamie's in other cities before and have always had an excellent time but the experience in Bath really disappointed us. My husband & I went for a meal on Saturday night. It was like a canteen. The staff said they'd had 350 covers from 7-10pm. There were quite a few tables of large parties who were drunk and loud. Tables for two were sat right among the party goers which made it difficult to hear each other talk. The starters were tasty but neither of us enjoyed the main. I had the cannelloni which had various soft cheeses in it and melted over the top which was far too sickly rich. The staff were polite but obviously busy. Sorry Jamie, didn't live up to usual standard, shame.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dorset
“Nice Food, lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked beforehand, but still had to wait over 30mins for our table, staff were good in explaining this though. Ordered drinks at the very cramped bar, nice cocktails but nothing "wow" £6.50 each approx. Ordered various starters, breads, squid, risotto balls & mushrooms, the mushrooms were bland & the same for the balls the v salty squid was lovely. For mains I had the baked salmon, v nice with lovely veg, rest of the party ordered pasta & a burger all said was nice, didn't order a sweet and had other drinks. We paid £35 each inc tip with a couple of drinks. I would go again and try pasta next time. There was lots to choose from on the menu, but I think the bar menu was lacking in normal drinks, it seemed to be cocktails or wine only.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chippenham, United Kingdom
“Could do better.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I have been a fan of Jamie since the days of the Naked Chef. I love his approach to cooking and flair of mixing flavours.
While in Bath shopping I popped in for a quick early doors supper. It was just after 17:45 and the place was already quite busy. I was greeted pleasantly at the door and shown to my table. The waitress took my order politely and friendly enough. I ordered the starter of mushrooms on toast. They need to remove the letter S from the description of mushrooms the menu. Seriuosly, there may have been 2/3 different choices of mushrooms slices on the toast, but put together didn't make up to more than 1 1/2 mushrooms in total! Hardly what you would mushroomS on toast. Oh yes the toast...I am sure 3mm depth in total should be classed as toast! Because it was so thin it was brick hard and I was struggling to cut through it. I asked the waitress for some olive oil in the vain hope it would help soften the sliver of brick, sorry, toast my mushroom was served on.To my astonishment, the waitress waited until I poured the oil on the toast and then removed the bottle from the table!
For my main course I ordered the £6.95 smaller as opposed to the £9.95 portion of what was basically spaghetti in a tomato sauce. I also ordered a side dish of seasonal roated vegetables with mixed seds. The spaghetti arrived in a large bowl in a miniscule portion in the middle of the bowl. While I appreciate I ordered the smaller portion, it was in my mind a child's portoon and at £6.95 a rip off and hardly value for money! It was a shame as it was tasty enough. The side dish of seasonal roasted vegetables consisted of 3 small slices of roasted beetroot and the same of what I think was squash. The mixed seeds were not mixed and just sunflower seeds....hardly mixed seeds! Both vegetables were tasteless. I asked the waitress again for some olive oil and again she removed it as soon as I had used it! No chance to use it again!
While the waiting staff were friendly and polite enough, I hardly think the bill of a fraction short of £20.00 was value for money, especially as I had only drank tap water, and the portion size was not reflective in the price.
Maybe better luck next time!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere