“Not bad at all” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #177 of 436 restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Serving temptingly fresh and flavoursome creations from world-famous chef Jamie Oliver, Jamie's Italian evokes the vibrancy and passion embedded in traditional Italian cooking and culture. A homely neighbourhood vibe is inspired by the rustic and relaxed ambience of the 'Italian table', with delicious flavours from the menu including truffled turkey Milanese, or a colourful seaside risotto.
Adelaide, Australia
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We waited about 40 minutes for a table at lunch on a weekday. If you know you are coming here I would recommend booking. We waited in an at times crowded bar area however the bar man was lovely having a nice chat to us and then showing us to our table.
When we ordered I ordered gluten free pasta, however the waitress didn't note this so it was a good thing my husband checked when she read back the order. She was a little casual about her mistake. When the food was delivered, which was a fairly short wait, I asked the food runner if the pasta was definitely gluten free as he didn't say when he put it down. His answer was that he thought so. The casual attitude of these staff towards gluten intolerance was worrying. It's great that the restaurant caters for us but perhaps the staff should adopt a less wishy-washy attitude.
Having said that, when we did establish my meal was gluten free, and it was, the pasta bolognese was lovely. My husband also enjoyed his antipasto platter.
We would gladly dine here again but we would book next time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

62% Recommend
Hook, United Kingdom
“Lovely!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My boyfriend took me here for my birthday meal. I always thought it wasn't possible to book, but apparently, you can over the internet (handy hint). When we arrived we were greeted by quite a flustered guy who told us he had suddenly had a big rush of people all at the same time, didnt even have room in the bar and would we mind popping over to the deli for a drink while they get our table ready...My boyfriend is a bit of a time nut and we were there just gone 8 (so late), I think he was a little disappointed that we had to wait especially since he called to confirm our booking the same morning and was hoping it to be special. We along with quite a crowd who had been told the same thing made our way to the deli where we were greeted with a very pleasant waiter, I ordered a gin and early grey martini (Fantastic choice I was told)! he wasn't wrong, although it took a while, as they were obviously very busy , for me it was worth the wait! would definitely recommend it! the boyfriend chose a pappa g...typical male drink, i wasnt keen, but he loved it. so we were both happy...although we did get too crowded in the deli and opt to sit outside in the cold :-(

It didn't take too long before we were called however, the guy from the deli was polite, funny and made a great cocktail choice! In the restaurant itself we were able to sit by the window which had a nice view, and although there were a lot of Christmas do's going on, our waiter was attentive and also very helpful without choices and explinations. We had the meat platter to share, I had the prawn linguini and the boyfriend chose the turkey, with which he chose the Pollenta chips, very good choice!! you can have chips anywhere, but the pollenta ones were a bit different and very tasty with a bit of extra parmasan.

All in all we were very impressed and I thought the linguini was fantastic!! Also not portion shy! very happy with the staff, food and drink! the boyfriend had pre-ordered the house white for the table, which was actually very nice!

Great place to eat! would definately recommend booking if you can, we over-heard the front of house telling people there was a 2 hour wait if there was no booking! Worth it!!

Visited December 2012
UK
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I just paid a visit to Jamie's Italian Deli in Bath for my lunch....a little extravagant, but heavily pregnant and soooo tired I wanted a little pick-me-up!

I ordered the soup of the day to take away and got some focaccia for £2.95 - not bad for Bath prices - really tasty! The bread is toasted though, so a bit chewy. I also got some chocolate tiffin! I was eyeing up the pork meatballs at the deli counter to take-away too (there's also fresh pasta, pestos, sauces, olives, salads, lasagnes etc as well as packaged goods and of course JO stuff! - definitely worth a visit, for gifts or a snack!

The service was good, but would advise you don't go in with lots of bags as there is very little space to move! There are a couple of tall tables inside and a few outside (brrr, bit cold for that this time of year!) so you can eat in, but again with Christmas shoppers all around, maybe it's not entirely tranquil.

Deli prices, but good quality!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
“Bustling but well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Family celebration was well spent at Jamie's. We had booked online and our reservation included a 7 month old grandson. We arrived a few minutes early but were soon shown to our table. Service was friendly and informative and the food was just right. The atmosphere was of busy, successful enterprise with staff and customers enjoying themselves.

England
“Lovely restaurant with great food and friendly service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Lovely restaurant with great views over bath upstairs. Staff were friendly and helpful, food was lovely and reasonably priced. Good atmosphere, def recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere