“Lovely family dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 459 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely family dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We recently had a joint birthday celebration with our two grown up daughters at Cassanis. As ussual the service was uber friendly but not intrusive. The food was delicious and the atmophere relaxed relaxing.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“top class food, stylish but unpretentious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was really impressed by the quality and refinement of the food. Each dish included many layers of flavour and texture that married well. Classic French dishes were expertly executed, but still original, portions generous, service attentive.
I went on my own with my 2 children (10 and 12) and they even offered to cater especially for the children, which was a nice touch even though we all ordered from the lunch menu, which is really good value for money, considering the exceptional quality of the food.
I'd happily become a regular if I lived in Bath!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Sussex
“Delicious food in a comfortable atmosphere ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

My wife and I were very impressed by Casanis. We called ahead to advise the restaurant about our gluten-free and lactose-free diet, which they catered very well for. The restaurant even prepared a special starter course for my wife. The menu was diverse and the food was delicious and well-presented. The service was excellent. We thoroughly recommend the restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Good restaurant - worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

My second visit to Casanis in a few months. This time with my son & wife. It feels like a very small, intimate, family run French restaurant (which it is, of course). The "Ambience" section of the website describes it well. My son & I started with Crab & Herb Parfait which I found to lack flavour (and crab). My wife enjoyed the Goat Cheese Parcel Croustillant. A bit of a disappointing start for me but this was more than made up by the fish of the day, a delicious preparation of Stone Bass. My wife and son really enjoyed their Venison Filet. The selection of French Regional Cheeses were varied and full of flavour. As before, the staff were very attentive and friendly.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, England, United Kingdom
“Good foods BUT bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We just went there last friday with 9 people for birthday party.
Our dish is absolutely fantastic but the main service is very bad.
We just order only main dish but the waitress seem unhappy that we didn't order starter and drink. Her face turn to be bad mood when she knows that we need only tap water. And finally we have own cake for surprise my friend. She still bad face and ask us with strong voice "You don't need to order dessert?" I think is quite impolite to us. So we decide to order 2 desserts but she still unhappy again. I feel disappoint on that day. It turn our party to be a bit down. Just want to notice to manager to train your staff to be polite to every customer even they need to order only main course and tap water. You charge the service 10% to us so you should provide the service that customer needs. Other staff are very nice just only one waitress that made us annoyed.

CasanisManagement, Manager at Casanis, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
I am so sorry that you didn't get our usual smiley service. You were a lovely group and were enjoying yourselves every time I checked on you. I will feedback your comments to my waiting team and can assure you that smiling, friendly service forms the centre of our training here. The 10% service on parties over 6 is still totally discretionary and I would have encouraged you to decline to pay this if you had mentioned how you felt at the time. We will endeavour to do better next time and hope you will visit us again. With best wishes, Manager.