“still taking booking but not open” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #77 of 90 Wellness Spas in Shrewsbury
Coventry, United Kingdom
“still taking booking but not open”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I made my booking though the groupon booking website just yesterday to go this sunday (5th feb). Whilst looking for the phone number today came across all the terrible reviews. Thank goodness everyone posted their thoughts! I called groupon, who were very good, and said the spa has closed and they would refund the money to my card. An hour journey and a lot of disappointment avoided - phew! Thank you

Visited February 2012

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Do not book here! It's a scam!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Booked a spa day through Groupon. Took weeks to finally get through to the 'spa' on a mobile phone number.

Read quite a few bad reviews, but thought I would give it a go. Day before the spa day I received a txt saying that due to management issues they were closed (very similar excuse to others on here!)

Quite glad we didn't go in the end. Received a full refund from Groupon.
Went to Serenity in Shrewsbury town instead!

“Don't go...I'd rather bathe in local sewage!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Went to Drybrooke today...gastly place! Chased by a dog! Mould on the walls...owner was very strange...abit slutty! Flirting male gardener! Very bizarre! Treatments were poor...filthy facilities...words don't describe my feelings! Very poor! DO NOT GO!

shropshire
“Definatly a SCAM”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Hi all,

my partner bought us a Spa day to this place through KGB deals.

we didnt have a txt and after reading reviews that they opened i dont think they ever will.

our appointment was booked for 07/01/12 @10:30. we got to the name of the road and found the place which is a house. the blinds and shutters where down and after nearly knocking door down banging someone come to the door and said it wasnt a spa and never has been.
i immediatly looked at my parner and knew we had been scammed, out side there was a few traffic police which i spoke to and they also said and confirmed address but stated after 15years service it has never been a spa.

the address we went to matched the place exactly so we could have made a mistake. it was 126 battlefield rd, and in from of the gate had dry brook house.

to top it of further the phone number on the voucher no one answered and after lots of messages no one got back to us. if it was a business which its meant to be their customer service sucks and they need to be shut dowm ASAP.

think the whole thing is a huge SCAM and if ive put even 1 person from going there then ive done my bit.

its not the money that really upset my partner but fact it was a gift and waste of our time. (worst gift ever lol)

anyway took her out for lunch and bought her a dress which cheerd her up. next to try and get a refund from KGB deals which after reading many other reviews doesnt look like i got a chance in hell. (will try and put expenses on as well.)

TIP: do not go there or pay after your service but good luck finding it.

Visited January 2012
Dudley, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Are these people fraudsters?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My experience of this spa is the same as Winbag16 states in their review. I booked a spa day for 25 Oct for myself and my daughter, and had a text on 21 Oct stating the spa was closed due to the director's accident. I have struggled since to make contact but did have a reply to my texts on 9 Nov, when they stated the spa would be opening shortly. I have had no response to my texts or phone calls since. I bought this via kgb deals on the internet, paying £35. Now having read this reviews I am planning to contact kgb in the of a refund. I think I will also be contacting Shrewsbury Trading Standards. This all sounds very despicable.

Visited October 2011