“Are these people fraudsters?” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #21 of 26 Activities in Shrewsbury
Dudley, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Are these people fraudsters?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My experience of this spa is the same as Winbag16 states in their review. I booked a spa day for 25 Oct for myself and my daughter, and had a text on 21 Oct stating the spa was closed due to the director's accident. I have struggled since to make contact but did have a reply to my texts on 9 Nov, when they stated the spa would be opening shortly. I have had no response to my texts or phone calls since. I bought this via kgb deals on the internet, paying £35. Now having read this reviews I am planning to contact kgb in the of a refund. I think I will also be contacting Shrewsbury Trading Standards. This all sounds very despicable.

Visited October 2011

Crewe
“this is a complete washout”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

I went with 3 friends to a spa day booked for November 25 as part of a birthday outing for one of our group. The "Spa" was locked up, all windows shuttered and no-one answering the door. Inside was at least one dog frantically barking and 2 cars parked in the front of the building. We walked around the house, the back garden was an absolute shambles of broken furniture and rubbish. It looked as though no-one had been there for weeks. I wish we had seen these reviews before buying the vouchers. Groupon must hold some responsiblity for the non delivery of the bought service, though having read the reviews of those who did experience the spa day I am relieved we didn't!. We will contacting Shropshire Trading Standards to complain and Groupon to try and get our money back!

Reading, United Kingdom
“It's been 2 months and I still have had no contact!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

I bought a Groupon for me and my friend - thought it would be a nice birthday treat...as soon as I got the groupon I thought I'd try and book in advance (about 3-4 months in advance as my bday is in Jan)...I have left messages through email, was unable to leave a voicemail, and have even posted letters to try to get in touch with them...and still nothing.

I get that some ppl have wrote good reviews, and I wasn't expecting much for the price, but they should at least get back to their customers!

TOTALLY RUBBISH - NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THERE UNLESS YOU ARE PHYSICALLY THERE AT THE TIME OF YOUR TREATMENT AND CAN BE SURE YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR.

wolverhampton
“Glad we were unable to book!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011 via mobile

Like so many other people on here we were unable to get through to book the spa day, only getting through to a full mail box. We purchased via groupon in July after months of being unable to get through we emailed and asked for a full refund , we received a blanket email a few days ago to everyone who had purchased saying that it could no longer be used and we would get a full refund in a few days .... A lucky escape !!!

Chester, United Kingdom
“Dry Brook Spa - DO NOT GO THERE.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

I bought this as a treat for my sister and myself. We were so looking forward to our spa day on 10th Nov 2011. We drove from Chester to Shrewsbury to arrive in front of this un kept, run down house. At that point another two ladies pulled up for their spa day too. We walked around the outside of the building and just couldn't believe the state of the place, really tatty, old rusty running machines in the garden, there was a note on the door just saying SPA CLOSED TODAY. and notes that other customers had left as they had arrived to discover the same situation. This company need to stop wasting peoples time and money and inform people who have made bookings with them that they are now closed. Avoid this place if you don,t want to waste your money.