“happy days” 5 of 5 stars

50 Wyle Cop, Shrewsbury SY1 1XJ, England
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lion + Pheasant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 279 Restaurants in Shrewsbury
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“happy days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Called into the Lion & Pheasant for lunch on the spare of the moment. The place is decked out quite trendy and has a relaxed feel about it. The staff were very helpful and friendly. I ordered shepherds pie and my husband ordered fish pie. They were to die for. Really tasty but unfortunately couldnt finish them, really grieved me to have to leave some. This place is well worth a visit and cant wait to try their dinner menu.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Shrewsbury, England, United Kingdom
“Most enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Imaginative and well executed menu, great presentation, excellent service and lovely décor. A thoroughly enjoyable experience and the first of many visits I am sure.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
“Stunning food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Managed to get a last minute table here with a friend last night - they couldn't fit us in until 9.15 but I was happy to wait after reading the many reviews here and in the press! Needless to say, neither of us were disappointed.

We arrived beforehand to have a drink in the bar area, really nice atmosphere and feel to the place. Looked at our watches after the first drink and it was nearly 10pm - they had forgotten we were waiting in the bar for our table! Certainly wasn't an issue, but it was a good job we weren't ravenous..!

Because it was rather late, we omitted the starters (which looked fantastic!) and I ordered the rare beef sirloin - it was absolutely stunning. Beautiful piece of meat cooked to perfection, what a fantastic dish. My friend opted for the chicken, which she also loved and couldn't fault.

The service was pretty good (apart from being forgotten about at the start!) and I thought the bill was reasonable considering the very highly quality of the food. Would definitely visit again!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great as ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were most happy to eat here again, this time dinner. The front room has an airy, 'beachy' kind of feel to it. The menu is extensive so making a choice can be difficult. Portions are reasonably sized so no overstuffing yourself. Food is quite light and has an international feel to it.

Visited May 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant and Cocktails!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I visit this restaurant regularly and always find the food and service consistently excellent and reasonably priced. Although I haven’t tried them myself, my girlfriend is a big fan of the cocktails and would definitely recommend!

Visited February 2013