A nice old hotel in a great central location. The rooms are what you would expect in such a historic building so I would not be too critical about modernisation etc. The breakfast was good the bar was nice and the service was good. Although it is hidden away on a narrow road the staff will take your car away for you and park it at the Bull Hotel a couple of minutes away. Make sure that you give reception early warning if you need to use your car as it has to be fetched from the parking site! If you are looking for a nice restaurant - The Peach Tree (on the left just over the bridge to the East) will not disappoint - good food at reasonable prices!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The historic grade II listed Prince Rupert Hotel is situated in the very heart of medieval Shrewsbury and just a short stroll from the individual shops and many tourist attractions. Surrounded by narrow cobblestone streets and black and white timbered buildings it provides the perfect base to explore beautiful Shrewsbury. A warm and friendly welcome is always provided to all guests with a glass of sherry on arrival. With the heritage of the hotel dating back to the 12th and 15th century, character and charm abound with sloping floors, exposed Tudor beams and a restored Jacobean staircase. Privately owned for many years by Michael & Diane Matthews, the hotel offers a great choice of dining all with a focus on fresh local produce. The Royalist is ideal for a special occasion with an a la carte menu together with a superb wine list. Chambers brasserie is renowned for its traditional British menu at sensible prices and located at the front of the hotel overlooking the gardens of St. Alkmunds square, Camellias Tea Rooms offers an extensive menu selection including traditional afternoon tea served on a three tier cake stand. A charming place to relax to the sound of a grand piano. FREE valet parking is provided to the hotel's private car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Prince Rupert Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Prince Rupert Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Hotel Prince Rupert