“Much Improved” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury

You added Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Sitka Drive | Shrewsbury Business Park, Shrewsbury SY2 6LG, England (Formerly Hampton by Hilton Shrewsbury)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Shrewsbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Much Improved”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is clean and the rooms are spacious. Positioned on the edge of town it is well placed for access roads although a drive/taxi is necessary for the town centre. The staff have in the past had a reputation for poor service but this seems to have been remedied as all members of staff were friendly and helpful during my visit. The only letdown is the breakfast which is poor for a hotel in this bracket. All round good value though. I would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sharma82, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury, responded to this review, March 12, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and liked our rooms very much.We as a hotel always devote our time in training our staff and its good to see its paying off.
I am little bit disappointed to hear about your comment on breakfast and just want to say that your comment is taken on board and we will work on it.

Please think of us again when your planning your visit, we always like to go the extra mile to make our guest stay memorable.

Samir Sharma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Although we only stayed for one night we found this Hotel excellent value. The room and bathroom were very clean and well stocked with towels and toiletries. The buffet breakfast was also very good with several choices. Overall we had a very good stay and would not hesitate to book this hotel again.
The staff were wonderful! Nothing was too much trouble and they were always smiling and cheerful. The hotel is designed well with comfy sofas and areas where you can work.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your great review, we are so pleased that you had a wonderful overall stay.

We have a genuinely friendly team who want to ensure a great stay for our guests and it is always a boost to us when this is recognized. I will of course share your comments with our team and I’m sure they will be delighted to hear that their assistance was appreciated.

I am so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. - Many Thanks

Kind Regards
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Check in was quick and efficient, the staff were excellent and very helpful in getting our bearings, and assistance with travel plans. room was modern clean and fresh and the facilities were excellent. Breakfast was just what you needed, fresh and refreshed regularly. Graet beds, and after a couple of good nights sleep, a nice little break. The only gripe i have is the air conditioner/ heater was a bit noisey at night. Overall very good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am happy to see your comment regarding your room and the breakfast.

Just to make you aware we are working on our air con units and that will be solved quickly.

Kind Regards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I travel a lot for business and I can say that this one I am absolutely going to remember for sure. To start with, the reservation staff was very good and offered the rate that suited me. Check in was very smooth and the receptionist even offered to carry my luggage to the room. Felt at home with a clean and fresh room. Good to see that everything worked fine especially the shower helped me relax instantly.
The lounge area was busy but i could find a quite corner. I think it was the hotel manager who came and asked me if i wanted anything and that is when I came to know that the hotel has just been taken over by a new management. I ordered curry from the special menu and it was very yummy. It was incredible to see that the staff inspite of being busy asked me for my feedback.
After a peaceful sleep, check out was quick. Breakfast was very fresh and it was expressly served as advertised.
Staff at the hotel are setting great examples for other hotels. This stay has definately made me a Holiday Inn Express fan.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay with us and thank you as well for your kind remarks. I will ensure that your lovely comments are shared with my team in the hotel. We take great pride in ensuring that we provide a high standard of accommodation and service at a very competitive price level. Comments such as yours are pleasure to read and I am sure you will give us an opportunity to be of service again very soon.
Cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We were told by Wendy (on Reception) in a telephone call that the hotel was 2 mins from the park and ride - wrong; its a 5-6min drive and to far to walk to; we were told that the Hotel had a "casual restaurant" - wrong; it is a eating hall. On Friday lunch time when we arrived the tables were dirty and plates looked as though they had been there a while. When checking in we offered our Priority Club card to which the guy on reception looked blank. We asked about taxi's into Town as were told that reception would order this and it would cost £4.80 (Central Cabs); we found out if you book through Comet Cars it costs £4.30. Upon asking about the Town it was down to a workman who was behind the reception to provide us with a Booklet. The staff also need training in the difference between "soft" and "firm" pillows - asked for a firm pillow and was left a soft one - wouldnt have thought it was too difficult. Didnt help we were woke by a crowd of guys returning to the hotel at 4am and making such a noise they must have woke the whole place up. Enough said - wouldnt go back. We therefore spent both nights eating in town and the up side is we found two fabulous restaurants. Come on HIE you can do better than this.... if not, cant wait for the Premier Inn to open in Shrewbury; we visit the lovel town 2-4 times a year. Will never return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear rossi633

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Shrewsbury, UK.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Milton Keynes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you want a luxury hotel then you would not choose a Holiday Inn Express in the 1st place, so your expectations should be suitably set. Overall, the room was modern and spacious. Wifi was fast enough and free, good amount of space to work and decent size TV. Bar on site as well.
Only bad points were the breakfast (stale croissants and dire coffee amoungst the highlights). Would rather they charged a bit extra for something halfway decent. Contry to some of the other reviews I didn't find the room that clean. Hairs in the bathroom and shower from the previous guest was not an attractive sight. Bed sheets were also marked in places. You are on a business park at the edge of town, however only a few miles away/short drive from town centre, about 1 or 2 miles from the nearest supermarket. Overall, not bad, not amazing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pete,

Thank you very much for your feedback post your stay with us recently. My team and I pride ourselves in providing our guests with the highest levels of service and I am really sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations on this occasion. I assure you that this is not symptomatic of our usual high standards and for that I sincerely apologies. I have taken note of your feedback and have discussed the same with the same with my housekeeping team . Feedback such as yours allows us to improve continuously and I am very grateful to you for giving us an opportunity. With reference to your comments about the breakfast, I have taken it on board and will make sure it is up to our usual standard. I trust that you will visit us soon and allow us to redeem ourselves.

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We used this hotel before when it was run by another Hotel company. It changed to holiday Inn express recently - still very good value and clean and quiet. When relatives come to stay from overseas we usually put them into this hotel and will continue to do so on this experience. Very good value.

Room Tip: first floor rooms better