We were pleasantly surprised by the Hampton Inn. It is hidden in an industrial estate on the outskirts of the town but this shouldn't deter you if you just need a place to put your head down after a day's sightseeing or visiting friends or relatives. The staff were all very friendly, the free wi-fi was a bit hard to get into but did work after a bit of effort (the password is printed inside your room key holder but this isn't pointed out to you); the standard room with a queen-size bed was large, with a very nice bathroom and good-sized shower. They have even thought to provide flannels - a rarity these days! As another reviewer has noted, it was a shame about the wooden stirrers with the tea/coffee set; teaspoons would be nicer.
We stayed for two nights - Friday and Saturday - and enjoyed the "free" cooked or continental buffet style breakfast, though the space in the dining room/bar is a bit tight; they opened up a meeting room as overflow.
The only downside was the late night revellers who came back to their rooms at 5am on Sunday morning and made an awful racket - slamming doors, shouting in the corridors, knocking incessantly on each others' doors. We were unlucky to be in the next door rooms to this rabble, but it is a risk in a budget hotel.
Overall though I would stay there again and recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From its medieval castle and historic black-and-white Tudor buildings, to its museums, restaurants, bars and world-famous Shrewsbury Abbey, the area surrounding the Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury hotel beckons visitors with its stunning sights and sounds.Whether your stay with us is for business or pleasure, there is much to uncover in this fascinating town and with our modern, comfortable and clean rooms you are sure to find everything you need for an enjoyable visit. Not only is our hotel right in the middle of the Shrewsbury Business Park, many more attractions are either walking distance or a short drive from our front door. You can start your day with a free breakfast before heading towards the nearby town centre that is packed with timber-framed black and white buildings, steep narrow streets and alleyways. In fact, it boasts over 600 listed buildings, including Shrewsbury Castle, now a regimental museum. The historic centre is a shoppers' heaven, featuring designer boutiques, smart malls and an amazing range of independent retailers. Add to that a lively night life and a rich choice of cafés and restaurants.With easy access to Telford and the Midlands, including Telford International Centre, the Hampton by Hilton offers modern amenities in a historic Tudor town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Shrewsbury reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton By Hilton Shrewsbury Hotel Shrewsbury
- Purplehotel Hotel Shrewsbury
- Shrewsbury Purplehotel Hotel