“A real gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Reading, England
“A real gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Superb food with excellent service. The menu is original and a real treat in the area! Don't forget to book! (Also remember that most of Ironbridge is closed Monday and Tuesday!)

Visited August 2013
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Jackie D . Thanks for a super review I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to us and Ironbridge .Margaret Swann & her chef Juan will also appreciate your other nice review of La casita tapas bar situated above us, we have no connection with them but they are trying so hard to establish their reputation & add to the varied choice for visitors to Ironbridge. You are right to recommend booking with us but I would also request people cancel if they do not want a table, this past weekend we had a three staying in a close by B&B who booked way out for Friday & Sat.,evenings but they then cancelled their accommodation but not with us add to that a four & a two no show . You end up with a situation of turning dozens away & having empty tables all night. Thank you very much once more hop-e you revisit. Eric & Beb chef patrons.

98% Recommend
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
“Better than some Michelin starred restaurants!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been many times, but not been since Christmas Eve 2012. The staff are great and the compact restaurant a great place to relax. We took friends who were staying with us from Glasgow and they thought it was amazing. None of us could decide what to eat as we wanted everything on the menu. What we did choose was amazing. The food is always consistently of an exceptionally high standard. Our friends agreed that the food, service and surroundings were some of the best they too had experienced. Well done once again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Momjdavies Thank you so much for visiting us again & a lovely second review , For many reasons we don't try to compare ourselves to Michelin starred restaurants but do value being recommended by them for good quality food at a reasonable price. I'm of a certain age that I don't have the ego to want chase stars but do like to have a busy restaurant full of happy customers who after all are the only really important critics, as they are spending their own hard earned money!! please come again soon thanks once more Eric & Beb.
Broseley, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We are so lucky to have this fantastic restaurant on our doorstep. The food is fabulous, I would have gone home happy after my starter of scallops! but the tender lamb and beautiful dessert followed with even more to enjoy. The wine list is great quality and not stupidly over priced as is often case in fine dining restaurants. Go there it is great. Jo x

• 5 of 5 stars Food
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Cape02 thank you for your super review & lovely comments re our food ,We do try to keep our wine list affordable with six decent quality good drinking house wines for around £15.00 and many bottles under £20.00. some of which I think are excellent wines. On Sunday We visited two of our daughters in Hertfordshire & took them out to a local gastro pub for dinner, I thought the prices very steep with supplements & add ons for almost everything. a bottle of basic sparkling wine was £32.00 (served warm) & very few wines were under £26/£30. pounds a bottle, 500ml bottled water £5.50 . The bill for two courses each came to £45.00 pounds a head for pretty basic fayre in a trendy pub atmosphere. Some reviewers have said our wine list is expensive but I'm not sure I agree. Thank you again & hope you come back soon. Eric & Beb chef patrons
Telford, United Kingdom
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We discovered Restaurant Severn when a friend recommended for Sunday lunch and quite honestly say it is the best; consistently outstanding quality, choice and value for money.....however we recently ventured to experience their evening meal and our expectations have been surpassed. With a warm welcome the food and experience cannot be faulted.

You know we will be back as we have already made the next reservation.

Don't change a thing

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear SGwynne Thank you for your very nice review & compliments re our cooking etc, I'm glad we have converted you to evenings as well as Sunday luncheons & We look forward very much to your next visit in a couple of weeks also to seeing you for our Christmas day luncheon . Thank you again best wishes Eric & Beb chef patrons.
“Top food top service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Been numerous times and still the best restaurant around.
We have been numerous times and are both chefs so we like to think we know a bit about food,we have took many other chefs with us and everyone cannot fault it,I think it was strange to see the comments on the earlier review,some people just have to pick faults for no reason,
By the way Eric that birthday whiskey was huge. Thanks Paul

• 5 of 5 stars Food
hammer49shropshire, Owner at Restaurant Severn, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Paul the Caterer Thank you again for yet another great review you have been to us so many times I'm sure you could write our menu for us ! I know you are a chef & a teacher so your compliments mean a lot to us, Your point re other reviews does hit a nerve I'm in the 5oth year of starting out on the road to becoming a chef, I became an apprentice chef for trust house hotels on the 16th August 1964 one day before my 15th birthday,what those 50 years have taught me is no one can get it right all the time no matter how hard you try,what hurts is when things are exaggerated to make a problem sound very much worse than it actually was.We have been lucky virtually all our customers have been very kind to us but I read some restaurants reviews & cant believe all the criticism is fair or even factual . Re your whisky it was a Scottish measure & would have been even bigger had you booked for the previous Sat.,the 17th my birthday !! thanks again best wishes Eric & Beb