“Brilliant, delicious food, great staff, 5* experience.” 5 of 5 stars

+44 114 233 3574
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Vito's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,121 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Lsimons
“Brilliant, delicious food, great staff, 5* experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I ate here on valentines day, the atmosphere was fab, as soon as we walked in I said it felt like we were in Italy!
They served a set menu as it was valentines day, which was an appetiser, starter, main, dessert and a coffee. Along with drinks for the both of us the bill came to around £85 which I feel was reasonable for the occasion! (I'm not sure if the bill would have been different on any other day of the year)
The appetiser was bruschetta, we both really enjoyed this. To start we had meatballs/scallops (separate dishes!) main course stuffed chicken/lamb, dessert ice cream/ panna cotta. Each dish was really tasty, infact we didn't have any complaints with any of the dishes, I did leave some of the scallop dish and the chicken main but that was purely as the servings were larger than I am used to!
The staff were really lovely too. It was a busy evening but they all remained professional and didn't rush us with our evening.
I would definitely give Vito's 5 stars! Thanks to the staff for making our evening so pleasant!

South Yorkshire UK
“Very welcoming and enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Booked fairly late in the week before Valentines night, which meant we had to get there fairly early at 6.45pm but as it turned out it was a good plan, as the restaurant was packed from about 7.30pm and stayed so until we left just after 9.00pm when the queue for the tables was just as big. It easy to see why, the welcome from the staff was great, very friendly and helpful, Food was excellent and despite the number of customers was served at just the right times during the evening. Steak in the Gorgonzola sauce was popular with my family group and will definitely be going back. Perhaps booking a little further in advance next time. A Great nite out

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too slow”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Vito's a number of times and always considered it to be an excellent Italian restaurant, the food has always been good, the service and prices always top marks. I remember going there with my fiance on our very first date and having a lovely evening.
Unfortunately last nights valentine meal failed to meet the usual expected standards. We had a table booked for 9pm and turned up in plenty of time at 8:45 to find the restaurant was absolutely packed with waiting diners. By the time we managed to get a seat it was 9:45pm and we were already starting to get annoyed, largely due to the fact there were a number of people who came into the restaurant after us but were seated first!!!
When we did sit down we had to wait another fifteen mins before we were asked what we wanted, and that was only because we pulled up one of the staff. We then waited on what seemed an age between the meals and in fact after the main we gave up waiting to be asked what we would like for desert on the set menu and duly got the bill. We had to pay full price for the 5 course meal even tough we only had 3 of the 5 and left about 11:20pm unhappy about the whole experience.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vito C, Owner at Vito's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear sir/madam
I'm sorry we didn't match your expectation as usual. Unfortunately San valentine tends to be one of the busiest night of our trade and we always try to do our best.
Although you did have to wait at the bar for your table, you were sited at your table at 9:15, by 10:45 you've had your three course dinner. The staff did offer dessert although you refused to have it and pay the bill. Your credit card receipt will show that you paid just over one minute after 11 therefore I cannot see how the service was too slow.
Anyway, I hope you can accept our apologies and leave this episode behind our back. We have ways appreciated your support and would love to see you back.
Kind regards
Vito
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

went as a table of 4 for valentines day. The menu was superb , ordered the sea bass, which was so fresh you could still taste the ocean, it was wonderful. His front of house Staff are second to none, and his Wines are as always, Superb.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“great food, make a reservation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had to wait 20 minutes for a table, which wasn't really a problem as we got some nibbles to go with the wine we ordered while we waited, the house white is good value, I am a bit of a wine know-it-all and I liked it. I don't know much about Italian food except that I like it and enjoyed the food at this place

• Visited June 2012