“Birthday Treat 14 April 2012 - Fabulous as Usual” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 1,122 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Business hours Tuesday to Sunday 6.00Pm/11.00Pm Close Monday Open on Monday evening & lunch time for party of 10 plus.Children,family and office party are welcome. Vito's is one of the longest established Italian restaurant in Sheffield founded in 1991,gone trough two recession in the 1991 wen first open and seventeen years later in 2008 and still going strong. Owner and chef Vito Ciaraolo start is career at the age of 14 in its native town call Bella in south of Italy. We make sure you all have memorable time on your visit to Vito's with our very professional staff and owner ,always willing to help
Sheffield
“Birthday Treat 14 April 2012 - Fabulous as Usual”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Vito's is a family favourite of ours. Been eating there for some years now and the food just gets better and better. If you want cheap rushed food, this place isn't for you. If you want friendly, thorough service with a personal touch then pop along. Nothing is too much trouble for Vito and his staff. Have to say the steak is one of the best I've ever had.

One thing I will say is that eating out with children isn't one of the most pleasurable experiences a parent could have due to being made to feel unwelcome and that the children are a nuisance. That doesn't happen here.

If you want good food in a lovely atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble, this is the place for you.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“By far the best food on the planet ( even better than mamma makes)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Again and again Vitos delivers high quality food mixed with great service!

The service had an extra something as Vito himself was front of house.

Every time we visit we are so pleased with every aspect of our meal!

If you have not been, you have to make it top of your list.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Wonderful night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Visited with my girlfriend. Was a very lovely experience. Small enough to make it cosy but large enough to allow an atmosphere to exist. Very good for either romantic meal or for a big group. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. There were enough people and large groups for a nice chatter to be in the air but the spaces were spaced well enough that you would feel comfortable in your own little bubble. The food was fantastic. very Very good quality. Flavours were very homely and not overwhelming which allowed us to enjoy it. The only fault I had with the whole experience was that the waitresses checked up on us very regularly. I could understand if people got annoyed with this but I liked it. Overall: amazing experience and amazing food. Will happily go again.

• Visited March 2012
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best Italian in Sheffield? All things considered, it probably is.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

We went with my partner's parents. Our difficulty is that with this combination of diners we are hard to please. The party contains a vegetarian, a partial vegetarian (eats fish!) and two meat eaters. I was given the unenviable job of selecting a decent restaurant.
We have been to Marco@Milano and had fabulous meals but unfortunately their vegetarian offerings were rather uninspiring with very few alternatives. I decided to give Vito's a go as it is the second best Italian in Sheffield according to trip advisor. We were not disappointed.
The minute we arrived we were instantly put at ease by the very charming waiter, who was Albanian. A fact extracted (in the nicest possible way) by my partner's mum. Given 5 minutes she could get the life story from a mute! Anyway, you probably want to know about the food. The food was great, I have to be perfectly honest and say the food at Milano's was slightly better but you have to pay significantly more for it. Everyone was very happy with their food and the service and attention was second to none.
The evening was rounded off with complimentary limoncello liqueur followed by a very nice chat with the chef and the waiter. The price for the evening was just over £80 which included bread and olives, 4 mains, 1 dessert, a one litre bottle of house red and a gin and tonic. At this price, and considering their lack of choice for vegetarians, Milano's is second best.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best Italian food the City has to offer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

I have visited Vito's 4 times now & each time the experience has been perfect.
I have been on a Friday night with my girlfriend without booking, a Wednesday night with another couple, Christmas Eve (2011) & finally last Tuesday (27/03/2012) for a family meal of 9 people.
On each occasion the service has been excellent, Vito makes a point of coming from the kitchen to say hello & make recommendations from the menu.
The drinks are reasonably priced (£13 for a litre of house red) and there's a wide selection.
The food is the finest I have tasted, I still haven't made it past a pasta dish to start followed by a Calzone but I'll try something different in the future! Friends & family have tried meals from the whole menu, pasta, fish, steak, chicken, pizza etc and they have all thoroughly enjoyed their food.
I am a supporter of independent restaurants & Vito's is the finest Italian around, if you think chains like Zizzi are good, you'll never go again once you've tried real home cooked Italian fayre.