“I would visit again” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #213 of 1,161 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Indian, Vegetarian, Pakistani, Halal
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Aagrah experience is designed to overwhelm you with a complete sensory journey, encompassing the rich cultural ambiance and truly remarkable culinary sensation of authentic Kashmiri cuisine... Time and time again... Balancing time-honoured dishes with culinary innovation, our hand-picked, award winning team of chefs relentlessly aim to provide healthy and nutritious dishes prepared to nothing less than total satisfaction, in the most comfortable of atmospheres, to our esteemed clientele. Aagrah ~ satisfaction, comfort and affordability...
“I would visit again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The meal was lovely. A lot of flavour and texture to even simple dishes and the selection of food was very good. The service however was very poor. The waiters were rude and were very snappy when you asked them a question. I hadn't even finished my main when the waiter took it away. I don't expect any kind of poor treatment at all on a night out.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely gorgeous highly recommend!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

We went in and it looked busy so we were unsure as to whether the food would be rushed so not tasty, we couldn't have been more wrong! It was beautiful, we ordered one hot curry and one medium and we were very pleased. Hot curries can sometimes lack flavor but this was like an explosion of flavor in your mouth it was great. The breads we ordered were too cooked to a high standard. We ate and drank and when the bill came we were pleasantly surprised. We will be going again and highly recommend.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Barnsley, England, United Kingdom
“Great start to a night out in Sheffield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I came here for a meal out before hitting the bars. It's in an idea spot as all the decent bars are just a minute's walk away from the restaurant.

We reserved a table that day, we were seated very promptly even though it was very busy and there weren't that many tables free. Drinks came quick along with our crispy poppadoms and dips - all very tasty. Didn't have to wait too long for our mains. I ordered the mixed grill which came on a sizzling hot plate - very good portion size, probably shouldn't have ordered the side to go with it! On the menu there were also options for vegetarians and "English Dishes" in case you were inviting a party with people who weren't too keen on Indian food.

Service was great, staff always had a smile on their faces and there was a laugh and a joke after we'd paid the bill - always a good sign they're not "after a tip"! There were also plenty of attentive staff at hand.

The atmosphere was good - plenty of people enjoying their meals, having a good. The restaurant itself is fitted out great too! Couldn't fault the value, we ordered two delicious mains, a side dish each, naan bread and bottle of wine which came to just over £50.

The specials which you can order in advance look very impressive too. I'll bare those in mind for the future! One of them was a whole roasted lamb.

Very good night in all. Tip: don't drink wine to cool down the heat of a chilli! Think it's milk you're meant to drink?!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield
“Decidedly average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

When this place first opened it was excellent. But think this may be my last visit for a time. Staff wouldn't leave us alone to chat and peruse the menu and it wasn't so busy that they needed the table. Poppadoms a bit greasy and chewy. Got the impression they had been sitting around for a while. Starters fine. But main courses which used chicken tikka (two of them) were not good at all. The chicken was dry and hard as if it had been reheated. Sauce was nicely flavoured but overall poor. Then a massive party arrived beside us and we could no longer hear one another speak. Time to go then. Not many drinks on the bill, no desserts or coffees and £25 a head. So not cheap; and so not worth it. Also bhajis marked as gluten free on menu, but waiter said they're fried with samosas etc, so no good for Coeliacs.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great Indian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I'm not really a big fan of Indian food but I went here for my friends birthday and the food was really good! We ordered from the menu but I think if I ever go again I may try the buffet!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere