“Snobs should defo stay away from this one!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Snobs should defo stay away from this one!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Having read through some of the reviews for La Romantica I had to write a review for this place. Yes the restaurant itself is small and old fashioned and maybe not as clean and modern as people would expect when going for a meal now days. It is small and old fashioned but it's intimate and if your not a snob you will appreciate this place. I have been coming to this restaurant for over 8 years now and it is somewhere very special to me and my husband. The food is a lot better than average, my husband and I have had almost everything off the menu over the years from what I have witnessed everything I've eaten is freshly made as many of times I've watched it being made and neither of us have ever complained, been disappointed or felt let down by this restaurant, The pricing is good and the portions are more than reasonable. The two waitresses who work there have worked there for as long as I've been going and it's things like that, that makes me return. I know exactly what I'm getting and there is definitely a chilled no fuss atmosphere which I love. You don't get pestered and I feel like I can be myself not like half of the "upmarket" Italian restaurants I've been to in the past. The people who are writing the negative reviews obviously don't get this restaurant at all and should stay away. If you like a chilled atmosphere, good food and a bit of character this maybe the place for you. It's the things like you can't pay by card and only cash that make me love this place and in my opinion they're isn't many places left like this anymore....

• Visited June 2013

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“simply stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This place is a real find, the food is the best Italian I've ever had. Real home cooked food really good portions and very good value for money. The garlic bread topped with chilli and tomato was delicious and the spinach and ricotta ravioli was the best. The dough is fresh and you can tell the sauces are cooked fresh and home made. This type of restaurant you would normally pass from the outside but I recommend any one to try this place it really does offer stunning tasty food.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“smashin place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I have been regulars at this restaurant for a number of years. Always brilliant service and consistent lovely food. The best garlic bread ever and the homemade chips are just ace. Well worth a visit. Decent food at decent prices.

• Visited June 2013
“A real Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Another small and intimate Italian Rest`t. The food is great and the staff really make you feel wanted

• Visited March 2013
“Delicious and welcoming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Romantica for as long as I can remember!
After trying other Italian restaurants they just don't compare to Romantica.
The food is to die for, big portions, all fresh ingredients, NOT frozen pizza bases! (As some people have put you absolute morons!!!).
I can assure you that you will not get a better fillet steak and chips for the price in this restaurant, in my opinion they don't charge enough for all their food!!!
The waitress/service is very friendly and polite and will happily go out of her way for you if you need anything etc.
The atmosphere is just what I like, romantic & family friendly etc.
Overall it's a massive thumbs up for me and all my friends and family!