“PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST RESTAURANT IN SHEFFIELD OR IN THE UK” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“PROBABLY ONE OF THE WORST RESTAURANT IN SHEFFIELD OR IN THE UK”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

14th feb 2012 - Valentine i will remember - wanted to get out in town for some italian food and found this cute little place on london road. Looked Ok, a bit granny-ish look like... with the red and white checker table tops. So i do agree with a few comments about refurbishing the place BUT first change should be the FOOD. I ordered pate for starter and pancake. The pate was just out of a tub in the fridge, slap in a plate with a bit of salad and no dressing.. either from aldi or liddl, 99 p bargain stuff that even as a student I refused to eat - From that moment my expectations about the rest of the meal dropped below sea level... the pancake looked exactly like the lasagne that my partner ordered, smothered in concentrated tomato sauce and to this point I am still unsure wether this was a pancake or just a pasta sheet ??
In general bog standard food ( choice of 8 differents garlic bread for starter, all floating in oil ), bad quality products and no fresh ingredients do not combine for a great execution . Alongside the service is good but unfortunately it does only matter very little when the food is so appalling. Every ingredients came out of a tin, can or even frozen.. I'll save you the trip and the money - to have the same experience go to tesco or sainsbury, buy an italain ready meal. For the poeple that rate this place... it's beyond me, HOW CAN YOU ??!! (like to add get back toi McD but might be a little offensive....ah well it's done now)
ITS CHEAP... BUT IN ALL ASPECTS !! Bon Appetit ... NOT

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Gem of a restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Quakity food, excellently cooked. We've never been disappointed. The best fillet steaks in Sheffield!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Hmm...distinctly unimpressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I had a lot of fun doing a "tour" of all the little Italian restaurants in Sheffield earlier this year, so I thought it best to share some of my experiences.

La Romantica was the bottom of the list for both of us. Maybe we were just unlucky, but the whole experience in general was just uncomfortable - now we are very easy going people, so to critisize is not really our nature; however our meal was just.....rubbish!

As soon as we walked in we felt a bit uncomfortable, the whole place (it's small) went quiet, and continued to be that way for most of the night, we had to whisper and resist giggling at the weird League of Gentleman atmosphere....then the food; I'm a big pizza fan, and this was just not up to scratch, I've had better at pizza hut. The crust was clearly from frozen and just didn't cook right, it genuinely tasted and tore like cardboard. Loads of cheese (cheddar) and just bland, believe me it takes a lot to critisize a pizza!!!

We opted out of pudding as we just felt really odd in there, like I said maybe it was an off night for them but the food was unimpressive and if you want an intimate, well priced Italian in Sheffield, trust me - Vito's, or Maranellos is the way to go.

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Always fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family love this restaurant. The service is excellent , the food is always delicious and very generous portions.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
“Best Restaurant Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

This restaurant is to die for, every dish is amazing my favourite is pancake la romantic, i travel from spain, and its a must to visit my favourite restaurant, its a small intimate place, but everything is so delicious

• Visited February 2011