“AWFUL” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Buffet
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Terrible service, dry old food which needed refreshing and filling up. Horrible in general, even the price doesn't make me want to come back here!

• Visited September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield
“absolutely no improvement since last time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Once again we had another disappointing visit since last time. We should have learnt from last time things were not very good at this place. However, we thought we'd give it one last chance. Never again.

To say it was quiet for a Friday night, it was an understatement. Maybe that should have told us something.

Quality & choice of food was poor for what we were paying. I know with these places, you don't expect top nosh, but it would have been nice to have value for money.

Chicken Chow Mein had no chicken, Chips were overcooked to the point of them being brown and crunchy. Food wasn't placed where the labels were. When I went to look at what was supposed to be mushrooms and older Chinese waitress said something in Chinese and scowled at me for lifting the lid covering some food which wasn't what it was meant to be.

I understand why they ask you to pay upfront, but it's not very nice that a few people should spoil it for everyone else. I went to the bar to get another drink. Waitress at the bar says go sit down, I'll get someone to bring it over. 5 minutes later, drink is sat on bar with no one attempting to bring it over. Go to fetch it, waitress says, I'll get waiter to bring it over, go sit down and scowls at me for trying to take a drink that is mine and I've paid for. 5 minutes later, waiter takes the drink and gives it to another table. No sign of any other drinks being prepared so ask waiter what's happening with my drink. I've just given it you he replies, his face saying it all when he realises he's given it to the wrong table. He then pours another hands it me and goes back to what he's doing. 2 minutes later, he comes to our table and demands we pay for it. (A) we've paid for it, 15 minutes ago (b) check with the other waitress (c)make sure you don't give people what they haven't paid for.

Honestly, this place needs a kick up the backside with regards to service and food.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I went with a friend as we were near by,i must admit the previous time i had been i hadnt been 'blown away' but this time was lovely (possibly because it had just been very busy so food turnover was quicker'..if your like me and love starters i would recommend this place as they have a large selection,overall a decent place but dont go dressed up or expect a restaurant its a busy 'cafe' like place which it never tries not to be.

Visited June 2012
sheffield
“Going down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

When jumbo opened around 10 years ago it was fantastic a pleasure to dine there. But im afraid things have changed as others have said. The quality of food is not very good. A lot of dishes looked dry and did not get filled up. Hardly any fresh vegetables and the meat looked old. Management need to take a good look at whats happening. Should be closed for a few days and cleaned from top to bottom, the toilets are disgusting.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We visted Jumbo's on a Saturday evening with some friend's who had come to visit from Nottingham. Me and my Husband have been to Jumbo's before and really enjoyed it.
Not this time unfortunately. We had to paid for our meal before we could start ,which I have never had to do before, I was greeted with 'you pay now' from the waitress. We payed £10.99 ahead which I would expect for a Saturday evening + Drinks. Went to get our food , what a mess, nothing was filled up. What was left in the servery was dried up and stuck to the bottom.
Dryed up pancakes for the Duck. I did ask for some more but after 15 mins I gave up.
Wrong details of the Dishes so it was pot luck what you were having. I spotted quite a few flies hovering over the food. We had told our friends what a good buffet this was , they certainly made us look like a fool at Jumbo's. We should have walked out when the waitress was so abrupt with us about paying. Won't be going back or recommending Jumbo's to anyone.

• Visited July 2012