“Quiet hotel with friendly staff, good breakfast.” 4 of 5 stars

Kenwood Hall
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kenwood Road, Sheffield S7 1NQ, England   |
Ranked #36 of 57 hotels in Sheffield
Ohio
“Quiet hotel with friendly staff, good breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

This hotel is a good place to relax after a day of meetings. The staff are friendly and helpful - I forgot my US to UK travel adapters and they loaned me a few from the front desk.

The restaurant has excellent food, though be prepared for a limited selection for dinner - it is a formal dinner with 3 courses, with 5 or 6 selections for each course. There are a few meat and few vegetarian choices every day, but don't expect to order a la carte. The breakfast buffet has a nice selection.

Showers are slightly small compared to more modern hotels in the US.

The hotel is within walking distance to a few different areas with small restaurants and shops, though Sheffield is not extremely friendly as a walking city. Expect to use taxis if you have to get around much, or rent a car. The front desk will book taxis in advance if asked.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

573 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Worcestershire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2009

A lovely place to stay. A peaceful haven in Sheffield city centre. A nice pool and jacuzzi aswell. Have stayed 3 times and all visits have been good.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

We stayed for a couple of nights & enjoyed our time at this hotel. The staff that we met were all very polite, helpful & efficient. Our room was large, comfortable & clean. We enjoyed the breakfast which had a good selection of hot & cold items. The grounds look very nice, with a small lake as a nice feature (we didn't actually have a chance to walk around the gardens due to the rain!).

My partner booked this hotel which meant that I didn't know much about it until I was there. It wasn't until our second day that I realised the hotel was 4 star as I'd assumed it was a 3 star hotel. I would say that this hotel is at the lower end of the 4 star scale. I've stayed in many 4 star hotels that were more "polished round the edges", but then again, I've also stayed in many 4 star hotels that were much more "rough around the edges!" This hotel just needs a bit more upgrading here & there & a little more attention to detail. For instance the carpets were (in parts) worn & stained in our room, & even though we had cups & saucers in our room, we didn't have a kettle.

I feel the price fitted the accommodation, so I consider that we did receive value for money. I would recommend this hotel but, at the same time, make it clear that in my view this hotel just scrapes through into the 4 star bracket.

surrey uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2009

Stayed for a couple of nights, we had a good room, with a little effort it could of been great ie replacing a few of the light bulbs, whirl pool bath not working.
Staff were very friendly and helpful. They could of done with a few extra behind the bar at busy times.
The food was very good, but it was a shame that the menu wasn't significantly changed over the two nights that we stayed. It was also a bit of a 'con'. I ordered what appeared to be two different dishes on the two nights - but when served, they were exactly the same.
Overall, a good Hotel, probably best for just one night due to menu.

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

We stayed at Kenwood Hall for our anniversary treat and weren't disappointed. The hotel was lovely, set in beautiful grounds and all the staff were very welcoming. We ate in the restaurant and the food was excellent. The staff were very helpful and the service was quick and faultless. My only negative comment would be that there was only a table d’hote menu and I would have preferred the choice of an a la carte menu. Breakfast was also very good with a well maintained buffet bar and plenty of choice.

Our room had a fabulous view. The bed was extremely comfortable and I felt I’d gone to pillow heaven there were so many. Great nights sleep with no outside noise which can be unusual for a hotel of this size.

Before we left we did have a walk round the grounds which were lovely. Maybe a “slippery when wet” sign might be a suggestion as it had been raining before our walk and the ground in places was extremely slippery.

I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone. We had a lovely stay.

Thank you Kenwood Hall for making our stay so memorable.

birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Went for a friends birthday, the room was really nice and clean and the view over the lake lovely, the staff were friendly

I have put high on value for money as me and my mate got a brillant deal on the net,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

I booked this hotel for one night on a DBB base as a stop over on our way down to London
This was the first time we had stayed with this group but we were not disappointed Dinner and breakfast were good wine slightly overpriced but this is the norm for any hotel. Staff very friendly,room very nice and roomy. One or two small issues but these were dealt with very quickly. Pool on the small side but very warm and very clean Overall this was great value for money, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. I have high standards and apart from the already mentioned small issues we were entirely satisfied with our stay indeed we shall be returning in the near future.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Kenwood Hall? Share your experiences!