“lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Noodle, Noodle Shop
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
“lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is one of the best chinese resturants in sheffield the food is beautiful and good value for money. Nothing is too much for the staff and are always very polite and attentive. Havent been able to find a chinese in sheffield better than this one.

• Visited April 2014

“Always delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I love this place! The food is amazing, always excellent quality. You have to try the 3 roast sharing plate. Crispy duck, pork and char sui, more than enough for 2 people and cheaper than a take-away. Also the sizzling lamb is to die for.
The staff are always friendly and yes they do tend to rush around but that is because the place is so popular and incredibly busy. Booking is a must.

“Good dim sum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I have been here more then ones time food was good value for you money must booking to make sure have table available for you.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“My favourite place to eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Noodle Inn is becoming legendary in Sheffield. Now expanded into four premises, three of them adjacent on London Road and one of them off West St but all with the same menus, the Noodle Inn never fails to deliver absolute perfection and is my favourite place to eat.

The service is fantastic, the staff are genuinely friendly and not overbearing. The decor of all four premises (I've visited all of them) is sumptuous, inviting and aesthetically pleasing, with lovely lighting. Noodle Inn has a varied clientele but is a favourite with the Chinese community which says a lot. When I ate lunch at the Noodle Inn Centro in town I was the only English person there amongst a restaurant full of Chinese people and I absolutely loved it, it took me right out of Sheffield and I felt like I'd been beamed over to China for an exotic lunch, amazing.

The portions are huge but this is fantastic as we always ask for takeaway containers at the end and take home the remains to be re-heated the next day.

The Salt and Chilli King Prawns are my favourite starter and one I have time and time again. Huge king prawns are coated in a light yet crispy batter, I think it's a tempura with added breadcrumbs and it's fantastic. You get a huge plate of prawns as well, not just three or four on a side plate. I dream about these prawns in between visits, they're that good!

Out of the many different varieties of noodles on offer, I usually have Chinese. You can ask for them to be cooked "dry" or "wet", I have mine dry. The crispy belly pork is a great choice, always hot and crispy.

Another dish I've tried is Crab Hong Kong Harbour Style. If you don't mind picking your way through a whole crab it's delicious.

The Honey Ribs are amazing, as is Two Roasties (one of their most popular dishes apparently) and Grilled and Stuffed Tofu - gorgeous.

Without a monthly visit to The Noodle Inn my life is honestly not complete, I love it. Thank-you to all the chefs and staff for working so hard to maintain such high standards, we love you.

“You must read this....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I ordered a takeaway from Noodle Inn tonight and was told it would be 45-60 minutes. An hour and a half later it turned up cold with dishes missing. I called the restaurant and, following a long conversation, I asked for a refund. The manager said to have a refund she wanted the food back. What would happen to the returned food? Warmed up and sent out again??? I tried to speak to the manager and the phone was put down on me. Don't get me wrong, the food is ok, just don't have a delivery..... BTW, their excuse was that they were very busy and only have one driver. Wish I'd known that before I ordered....

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere