“Amazing food, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #150 of 1,080 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Amazing food, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

absolutely loved my visit here, they have booths and extra rooms which are separate from the main restaurant which give you lots of space and privacy,
the food is delicious, definitely way above your usual chinese food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Sheffield
“Consistent performer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

For several years we had struggled to find a quality Chinese restaurant in Sheffield but since Hui Wei opened we have never really considered anywhere else. We probably visit Hui Wei about 4 times per year and the food is consistently well presented with very good service and excellent decor.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Its clear to see why Hui Wei are voted in the top ten in the Uk, The food really is fantastic, Have eaten here many times. The lunch box menu is great value for money and the restaurant is normally quieter. Tried the A la Carte evening menu several times and never been disappointed. Saturday evenings are normally busier however there is a piano player which is a nice touch. Also order regularly from the take away menu and never have to wait long

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“good food in a fantastic setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Because of the reviews I had read on trip advisor, I suppose I was expecting a Chinese of a different class. The restaurant's layout and decor are top quality, the staff attentive, yet not intrusive coupled to excellent service even on a Friday evening. I decided to opt for a variety of seafood cooked in Xo sauce, whilst tasty, left me a little disappointed. After tasting my wife's beef dish, I think I would have preferred her dish. I think another visit with alternative dishes may be in order to do justice to this restaurant. But still a very good dining experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first visit to Hui Wei. We both had the house spicy pork in Hoi Sin sauce which I have to say was over-rich. The starter was a mixed platter for two which was pretty average. My wife took most her main course home, to which I later added peppers, mushrooms and weakened the sauce which made it more palatable.

The venue was comfortable and well appointed but a little 'city Impersonal'. The service was polite and efficient. As for cost, I think that the food is generally over-priced. I don’t think I would return unless I had another voucher (one of which we used on this visit).

• Visited September 2012