“Special Occasion Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 1,120 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Award Winning Italian Fine Dining Restaurant with a great atmosphere and a beautiful 'Al Fresco' Dining area over looking the park.
“Special Occasion Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Love this restaurant for a treat or special occasion as it's quite pricey but the food is delicious. I had the pasta with fillet steak as a lot of the food was seafood which I don't eat. I'm glad I went for it, it was delicious! £30 for a bottle Prosecco was a bit of a shock but then I should have expected it to be that bit more expensive. Looking forward to returning (when I can afford it)!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Over priced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Visited with a group of 7 on a Thursday evening.
Positives: staff friendly & accommodating. Good setting.
Negatives: pricy-we were offered a bowl of olives on arrival. Had we known they cost £6 for a small bowl, we would have eaten them all (or asked for a doggy bag). I presume they charge £1 per head-only 3 of us wanted them, so it was a bit of a shock when the bill came.
My husband ordered pasta with steak-at £17. For that amount of money you would expect more than 3 minute pieces of meat. The pasta was good-but absolutely did not warrant the cost.
My dish was ok-but to be honest I've had better. I'm vegetarian and the chef did go the extra mile, but again I was disappointed with the cost.
Don't get me wrong; I'm happy to pay a premium for good food-but at least consider a few extra touches such as complimentary olives, bread, or suchlike.
We won't return.

“Lovely romantic meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Me n my partner visited this lovely and it is probably the best Italian I have ever had, lovely atmosphere very friendly and romantic. Really enjoyed the meal. I would reconnect this restaurant to everyone that I know who loves Italian

“Excellent! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

Best dining out experience in a long time! Always wanted to go here but imagined it would be expensive and a bit pretentious- so so wrong! Lovely relaxed atmosphere with attentive, friendly and warm staff. Beautiful decor and very clean. It's bring your own wine in the week and there's a set price two or three course menu. Food was delicious, bright and attractive. Portion sizes just right. There were bowls of veg included with main courses which we couldn't even finish. Couldn't fit in a desert but had a liqueur coffee to finish and then the staff ordered a taxi for us while we finished our wine. Perfect evening in every way, thank you so much- we'll be back!

“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

If you want a meal of the highest quality then try this restaurant. It has won lots of awards and you can see why. During midweek they offer an excellent fixed price 2 or 3 course menu AND you can take your own wine. Service is of the highest standard and the restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. Once you have been to Marco's you won't want to bother with chain restaurants!
Highly recommended