“Excellent fine dining on Sharrow vale road!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 1,116 Restaurants in Sheffield
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Established over 25 years, The Mediterranean Restaurant serves fresh fish and seafood and authentic Spanish tapas. Fully licensed. Open lunch and dinner Monday - Saturday.Tapas available 12 - 2.30pm Monday - Saturday and 5.30pm - 10pm Monday to Thursday.A la carte menu and specials available Monday - Saturday lunch and dinner. Closed on Sundays. Please call to make a reservation.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Excellent fine dining on Sharrow vale road!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

It was a lovely experience dining at the restaurant and I loved the fact that I could fine dine in my own local area! The atmosphere was incredible and the staff are all so friendly and helpful and I would definitely recommend you to visit the restaurant.
I started the great meal off with a starter of soft crab and king scallops which was very tender and tasty. Followed by a main of beef fillet with gremolata sauce which was delicious. I finished off the meal with a delightful chocolate parfait and tart tatin which hit the spot and ended a great meal with great service and atmosphere.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Best restaurant in Sheffield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

The freshest of fish cooked to fine dining standards but with the relaxing feel of all the great holidays you've had on the med. the standard menu isn't massive but the specials board is. My partner and I visited for our first anniversary and the food was sublime. I had the crab salad starter which came withe fresh mussels and shrimps. And the monkfish main course that came in a lovely reduced bisque style sauce with mussels, king prawn, clams and razor clams. My parter had the Mediterranean feta salad starter and the halibut main which came in a beurre blanc sauce with asparagus along with a bowl of fresh veg and fondant potatoes to share. All dishes were incredibly fresh and cooked to perfection. We will be back soon

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Back again and good as ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Last night was probably our fourth of fifth visit to this lovely friendly, authentic place. Great tapas including monk fish, squid, bream, etc; all cooked beautifully and tasting delicious. Ok, it's probably not the 'smartest' venue in town, but that is its charm and what makes it such a comfortable homely place to eat. Also 8 excellent tapas dishes and two drinks for around £40 - what more can I say?

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“First class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

What a fantastic experience! Delicious food that was first class, the ambience of the restaurant was just what we look for on eating out. Rashid sharing how to make the chorizo ice cream made it just that much more friendly, him and his colleague couldn't have been more attentive.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely Food - Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Paid my first visit to the Mediterranean for a friend's milestone birthday recently. We had the choice of three menus Tapas, Main and Blackboard Specials. We found that we could mix and match our choices of starters and mains from the menus which was really good. Some restaurants prefer you to stick with one menu. I had the salmon main course which was divine - starter and pudding were very good too. Lovely atmosphere, friendly staff. Would recommend a visit and I hope to return soon myself.

• Visited July 2014